Who should attend
This is an intermediate course and is suitable for individuals who wishes to gain in-depth domain knowledge of health and medical in order to perform better complex health-related analytics. Individuals involved in design and evaluation of health interventional studies, epidemiology, public health and data-driven health insights are encouraged to take up this course.
About the course
The role of a health analyst is critical for the survival and well-being of our society, and thus they are highly sought-after for their ability to analyse health-related data and generate important insights that can save society millions in revenue and lives. These specialized analysts not only require solid data handling and analytics skills, they are also the masters in the health domain knowledge; like in epidemiology, human IoT sensor data, interventional study designs and more. With the current Covid-19 and past epidemics, there is an even stronger need for health analyst in the public health sectors and policy sectors to achieve desirable outcomes. The programme is ideal for anyone who wish to gain specialized analytical skills in health and acquire the necessary domain knowledge to become a health analyst.
There will be practical application of tools, knowledge, workshops, lectures, and hands-on classroom activities, that will allow attendees to develop the knowledge and skills required to be a competent health analyst.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand health analytics and how it is present in the various health systems in Singapore and globally
- Acquire fundamental health analytics skills in Big Health Data and Interventional Studies
- Acquire skills to apply causality and derive insights from health data
- Acquire advanced analytical techniques and visualization in Epidemiology
- Understand domain knowledge in public and population health
- Acquire knowledge on analysing medical images
- Acquire knowledge on medical databases and management
- Apply models and analyse health data use cases with Python
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover:
- Introduction to Health Analytics and Informatics
- Fundamental Analytical Techniques for Big Data in Health
- Advanced Analytical Techniques and Health Data Visualization for Epidemiology
- Health Data Analytics with Python
- Fundamentals of Medical Image Analytics
- Medical Image Database
Dr Matthew Chua, BEng, CSM, PMP, PhD, is currently a lecturer and principal investigator at the NUS Institute of System Science where he specializes in Medical & Cybernetics Systems. He is overseeing the research programme in Smart Healthcare, Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Robotics. He...
Brian is currently a Senior Lecturer and Consultant with the NUS ISS. Prior to joining NUS ISS, he was an Assistant Director with the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA). In IMDA, he led a team of scientists, engineers and project managers in the area of artificial intelligence and data a...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.