Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course will cover :
- Introduction to Health Analytics
- Fundamental Analytical Techniques for Big Data in Health
- Advanced Analytical Techniques and Health Data Visualization
- Health Data Analytics with Excel
- Fundamentals of Medical Image Analytics Management of Medical Image Database
About the course
The healthcare industry is evolving at breakneck speed. At the forefront of this transformation is data, creating enormous opportunities for companies to improve patient outcomes while managing costs.The programme is ideal for anyone who wish to gain domain knowledge in health and healthcare data analytical skills.
Participants will gain theoretical knowledge and develop critical analytical thinking. They will learn how to use various tools for health-related analysis via analytical workshops to reinforce their learning, and specialised domains such as medical image analysis and medical databases will be covered.
There will be practical application of tools, knowledge, templates and checklists, and hands-on classroom activities, will allow attendees to develop the knowledge and skills required to perform analysis for health-related projects.
This course will benefit those working in hospitals, health ministries, health start-ups and more.
This course is part of the Stackable Certificate Programme in Business Analytics offered by NUS-ISS.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand health analytics and how it is present in the various health systems in Singapore and globally
- Know the fundamentals of health analytics
- Acquire health analytics application techniques
- Apply models and analyze medical data use cases with Excel
- Evaluation of health data through processing and visualizing
- Learn knowledge on the medical imaging domain, its applications and techniques
- Acquire knowledge and skills in medical databases, indexing methods and management
Dr Matthew Chua, BEng, CSM, PMP, PhD, is currently a lecturer and principal investigator at the NUS Institute of System Science where he specializes in Medical & Cybernetics Systems. He is overseeing the research programme in Smart Healthcare, Artificial Intelligence and Advanced Robotics. He...
Jen Hong develops algorithms. He specializes in deep learning, image processing and medical image diagnosis. He designs illustrations, web page and posters. He plays piano. He invented a mathematical model to analyze dry eye. He used deep learning to correct medical images. He trained deep learni...
Brian is currently a Senior Lecturer and Consultant with the NUS ISS. Prior to joining NUS ISS, he was an Assistant Director with the Infocomm Media Development Authority (IMDA). In IMDA, he led a team of scientists, engineers and project managers in the area of artificial intelligence and data a...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.