Who should attend
There are no work experience level prerequisites to attend this course. Participants should be mature and self-directed in their learning, receptive to change and open-minded to learn new skills and tools.
This course is suitable for industry professionals who wants to learn the skills and techniques to manage the development, launch and growth of digital products and services, including business stakeholders interested in digital product management methods and digital transformation.
The course is most suitable for:
- Product Managers
- Business Managers, Product Owners
- Service Delivery Managers
- Programme managers, Portfolio Managers
- Other Specialists involved in multi-disciplinary product development teams e.g. product marketers, engineering team lead, product Architect, SW/UX engineers, developers, SA and BA
About the course
The Digital Products Delivery (DPD) course is an intermediate course that is part of the NUS-ISS Digital Products and Platforms Training Roadmap for product managers, product owners, programme managers, service managers, business analysts, system analyst, product engineers, and developers.
This course presents participants with a practical and interactive learning experience to pick up skills and tools to successfully drive and orchestrate the delivery of new and existing digital products and implement the strategic product roadmap. It will cover the following key skills:
- Plan, organize and apply the digital product delivery process and techniques to orchestrate the multitude of multi-disciplinary teams for successful digital product development and delivery.
- Evaluate and assemble a product technology stack to empower all stakeholders and support their digital product development and delivery.
- Continuous evolution of product to identify new and innovative features to grow customer value and adoption.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- To analyse the integration needs with engineering and cross-functional teams and build collaboration on digital product roadmap and execution of digital product strategy to deliver the products according to the roadmap.
- To plan organisation and setup of effective cross-functional digital product delivery teams and formulate clear goals for alignment across teams.
- To analyse the digital product supporting technology needs and create the appropriate technology stack.
- To plan and organize the product delivery process through orchestrating and integrating the multi-disciplinary component stakeholders to ensure a smooth and successful product release.
- To formulate and set up appropriate product operational support services for continuous product feature release throughout the product life cycle.
What Will Be Covered
Digital Product Delivery Planning
- Analyse and translate roadmap into delivery and release plans
- Develop engineering themes in alignment with the product roadmap and release plans
- Review the detailed story maps for the product and validate alignment with product roadmap
Digital Product Delivery Design
- Concepts of product Archetypes
- Concept of Reference Architecture applicable to each
- Confidentiality, Integrity, Accessibility and Safety (CIAS) factors
- Technology stack cost factors and considerations
*Digital Product Deilvery Technology Stack Integration and Management *
- Managing the Product Tech Stack
- Tech Stack – Product Support technologies and Enablers
- Specific reference architecture and technologies mapping
- Tech Stack Cost analysis and estimates
- Architecture build cost
- Architecture support cost
- Product Longevity
- Open source licencing
- Review, monitor and track the day-to-day delivery activities and deliverables
- Work with the engineering teams on problem identification
- Decision-making – Solutions and tradeoffs
- Software configuration management patterns
Digital Product Deilvery – Launch and Continuous Improvement
- Analytics tools (post launch)
- Data analytics/Customer Journey analytics Metrics
Workshop: A day in the life of Digital Product Manager
The workshop will provide hands-on for the participants in applying the skills learned to managing the day-to-day challenges of the digital product manager.
Boon Kee is a consultant and lecturer at the Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore, with over twenty-four years of professional experience in project and product management. His focus is on consulting and teaching for professional development and post-graduate programmes ...
Liong Choon is currently a Senior Lecturer cum consultant in ISS. He started his career in ISS as Deputy Director of the National Infocomm Competency Academy in 2007, to help spearhead the development and implementation of competency-based training in various Institute of Higher Learning in colla...
Chuk is with the Advanced Technology Applications Practice for National University of Singapore, Institute of Systems Science (NUS-ISS). His current responsibilities includes developing courseware, and teaching graduate and public courses in enterprise software engineering, software architecture,...
Richard lectures in project management competency development and training courses; the Certified Outsourcing Manager (Associate) for IT Programme; the Certified Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Programme; and the Master of Technology Programme that include IT Service Management and Data Ware...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.