Who should attend
This is a foundational course. The intended audience includes:
- Professionals who have a strong interest and require to gain an understanding the foundational concepts of product management
- New managers and or senior managers who are responsible to lead and support their product managers and product teams who have not had any form of formal product management training.
About the course
This a foundational course that will serve as a starting point into product management learning journey that’s practiced in the industry.
After completing this training, participants can continue their competency development journey through additional modular product management courses that are stackable to a Graduate Certificate in Designing and Managing Products and Platforms and Master-of-Technology degree at NUS-ISS.
The objective of this course is continually transform the attendees to ensure that they remain relevant with industry practitioners by empowering them to relate their learnings to within their specific industry.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- To analyse and abstract the key foundational understanding of the Digital Product Management framework and Digital Product Lifecycle Management
- To synthesise and to learn how to manage an evolving a product through its lifecycle by applying concepts that will include the analysis of product opportunity identification, market viability and developing the business case
- To analyse and evaluate practical stakeholder orchestration skills and knowledge that they can utilise to collaborate and coordinate among cross functional teams
What Will Be Covered
This course will cover:
- Product Delivery vs Project Delivery
- Product Thinking / Mindset
- Roles in a Product-Thinking Organisation
- Digital Product Management Framework
- Digital Product Lifecycle Management
- Digital Product Leadership
- Digital Product Manager’s Role
- Product Team Model
- Digital Product Leadership
- Leading Cross-Functional Teams
- Stakeholder Orchestration
Boon Kee is a consultant and lecturer at the Institute of Systems Science, National University of Singapore, with over twenty-four years of professional experience in project and product management. His focus is on consulting and teaching for professional development and post-graduate programmes ...
Liong Choon is currently a Senior Lecturer cum consultant in ISS. He started his career in ISS as Deputy Director of the National Infocomm Competency Academy in 2007, to help spearhead the development and implementation of competency-based training in various Institute of Higher Learning in colla...
Felicitas is a member of the Project Management Practice at the Institute of System Science, NUS where she teaches and consults in project management practices and soft skills for post graduate students and industry professionals, working with corporate clients to deliver customized training for ...
Richard lectures in project management competency development and training courses; the Certified Outsourcing Manager (Associate) for IT Programme; the Certified Enterprise Architecture Practitioner Programme; and the Master of Technology Programme that include IT Service Management and Data Ware...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.