Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Digital, cyber and IT security architects, assessors, analysts and engineers
- System, solution, infrastructure, and enterprise architects
- Technical leaders, program and project managers, middle management and executives
About the course
As the world becomes increasingly Digital and with escalating Cyber Threats, it becomes imperative for organisations in Singapore to adopt an Enterprise Security Architecture approach to secure the Digital Enterprise in support of Singapore’s Smart Nation initiative.
However, it is the common experience of many organisations that Cybersecurity solutions are often designed, acquired and installed on a tactical basis. As a result, an organisation builds up a mixture of Cybersecurity solutions, each independently designed and specified and with no guarantee that collectively they will be effective against Cyber Threats and without a full defense-in-depth strategy.
With the above in mind, this course is intended to provide a business-driven approach to architecting security to support the long-term needs of the organisation. It also seeks to provide participants with Architecture Design thinking skills and best practices on Security Architecture. Using a boot camp approach, participants will have hands-on experience in developing an Enterprise Security Architecture blueprint that is immediately applicable to their organisations.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Apply a business-driven approach to architect security and provide traceability to business objectives
- Evaluate security architecture frameworks, principles, reference architectures and standards
- Develop key security architecture artifacts
- Formulate security strategy considerations for Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS), Cloud and Internet of Things (IoT) in Industry 4.0.
What Will Be Covered
- Enterprise Business-driven Approach to Architecting Security
- Linking to Business: the Contextual Security Architecture
- Architecting Security: the Conceptual Security Architecture
- Designing Security: the Logical Security Architecture
- Building Security: the Physical Security Architecture
- Implementing Security: the Component Security Architecture
- Formulate Security Strategy considerations for Cyber Physical systems, Cloud and IoT
Tan Eng Tsze is a practising enterprise architect consultant and lecturer at ISS. He conducts Enterprise Architecture certification short courses and for a Masters degree programme at NUS. He also provides enterprise architecture consulting for public and private sector companies. He has provided...
Educational Qualifications/Professional Certifications Master’s Degree in Business Administration, University of Melbourne Master’s Degree in Computer Science & Information Systems, National University of Singapore Bachelor of Applied Science (Computer Technology), Nanyang Technological Univ...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.