NICF- Data Storytelling
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
Data visualisation is about using information design to present data visually. It consists of three main parts, namely data, visualisation and storytelling. In fact, data visualisation becomes a new language for storytelling. It is important for professionals to express complex ideas in simplest manner, using visualisation to tell a story via graphical depiction of statistical information.
The course aims to equip the participants with essential knowledge and skills to effectively collate and consolidate data, to quickly present data in the most interesting visual manner, to accurately analyse and interpret the hidden trends and patterns, and to concisely improve decision making.
Using real life case studies and demonstrations, the participants will be introduced to the power of data visualisation in conducting exploratory and diagnostic analysis and representing them visually, as well as to create a dashboard for infographics for broad communication.
This course is part of the Analytics & Intelligent Systems series offered by NUS-ISS.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the principles of data visualisation
- Identify the different types of questions and analytics patterns
- Conduct exploratory and diagnostic analysis
- Develop a dashboard as data storytelling mechanism for business purposes
- Develop infographics as data storytelling mechanism for broad communication
What Will Be Covered
- Power of data visualisation
- From question to answer
- Conducting exploratory and diagnostic analysis visually
- Creating dashboard for business
- Creating infographics for broad commmunication
Lectures and workshops
Who should attend
This course is designed as an introductory course for anyone with an interest or need to understand data visualisation for storytelling:
- Business and IT professionals seeking to improve analytical skills in handling and presenting large amounts of data for business insights
- Individuals with no knowledge or experience in data visualisation and storytelling, but who would like to gain some knowledge in the area to explore work opportunities in Business analytics