Who should attend
- Managers and IT professionals who have to provide IT advisory and support in compliance legislation, policies and guidelines in relation to data management in the organisation
- Managers who are involved in protecting data as an organisation asset
About the course
Information is often the most valuable enterprise asset in today's knowledge economy. Data is rationalised to create information, which in turn becomes knowledge and this forms the basis for wisdom and the fuel for analytics, critical in decision-making.
Data governance is the operating discipline for managing data and information as a key enterprise asset. This discipline includes organisation, processes and tools for establishing and exercising decisions rights regarding valuation and management of data.
In this course, you will learn about the key aspects of data governance, such as decision-making authority, compliance, monitoring, policies, standards, data inventories, full life cycle management, content management, records management, preservation, data quality, data classification, data security and access.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Set direction and objectives of data governance throughout the organisation based on its data management principles and organisational objectives
- Define and document roles and responsibilities of the data governance team and user departments in data governance guidelines
- Review and develop processes on how data governance objectives can be achieved
- Understand and recommend corrective actions to resolve data governance issues
- Establish and maintain systems to check compliance against data governance guidelines
What Will Be Covered
- Information and the Power of Data
- Data Principles, Policies and Procedures
- Defining a Data Organisation Structure
- Data Privacy
- Data Sharing
- Data Protection
Lectures and workshops
Lay Ngan delivers courses and manages consulting projects on IT Governance, Strategic IT Planning, Enterprise IT Architecture and Data Governance. She also conducts Postgraduate Course and Essential Leadership Skills for Project Managers. Her recent completed consultancy projects included a large...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.