Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This is an intermediate course, suitable for professionals with several years of experience, with an interest or requirement to understand digital marketing and social engagement.
It is applicable for:
- Software Designers and Developers working on embedded technologies or IoT-related areas
- Software Architects designing IoT-related solutions
About the course
With the number of connected things in the commercial and home spaces, there is a need to recognise how Internet of Things (IoT) and IoT data impacts that IT architecture. This course helps to provide a way and standard that leads to a structured process for gaining skills required as a practising architect in designing and deploying scalable, highly available and fault-tolerant IoT solutions for the enterprise. It will enhance the credibility and capability of architects and provide assurance to employers that to practice and lead enterprise scale IoT-related projects and programmes.
This course is intended for solution architects, systems engineers and other IT professionals who wish to develop the necessary knowledge and skills to effectively architect and design IoT solutions for real-world enterprise scale scenarios.
This course is part of the Software Engineering & Design series offered by NUS-ISS.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand the various components, comprising of the IoT life cycle from an architectural perspective: Sense, Ingest, Process, Respond and Analyse
- Define the set of fully managed and integrated services that allow users to easily and securely connect, manage and ingest IoT data from globally dispersed devices at a large scale, process and analyse/visualise that data in real-time, and implement operational changes
- Describe the various hardware and software technologies to support enterprise scale IoT solutions, including: Sensors, processors (MCU, SOC, FPGA), pipelines and coupling, boards, networking, protocols, operating systems, software components, power, bandwidth, and devices for communication, such as gateways
- Define the end-to-end architecture of a large-scale IoT solution including: layered model, design patterns, cloud services, device integration and communication standards
- Understand RTOS and real-world design constraints: real-time scheduling, synchronisation and communication, multi-thread design, and fault-tolerant design
- Address security within end-to-end IoT solutions
- Determine how analytics and machine learning services can be used to enhance IoT systems
What Will Be Covered
- Overview of IoT
- IoT architecture and the IoT life cycle
- Utilising cloud IoT services
- Analysing and documenting architectural decisions for enterprise scale IoT solutions
- IoT technologies and communication protocols
- Real-world design constraints and solution options
- Defining the end-to-end IoT solution architecture
- Architecting and documenting the end-to-end IoT solution
- Security considerations for IoT solutions
- Building intelligence into IoT solutions
- Finalising and presenting the IoT solution architecture
- Final assessment
Educational Qualifications/Professional Certifications Master’s Degree in Business Administration, University of Melbourne Master’s Degree in Computer Science & Information Systems, National University of Singapore Bachelor of Applied Science (Computer Technology), Nanyang Technological Univ...
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available