About the course
A critical outcome of the course is to promote employee engagement as a vehicle for organisational effectiveness. Participants will be required to apply pertinent management principles to the requirements of their unique and related job roles.
Upon successful completion of this course, the participants will be able to do the following in the context of the targeted organisation(s):
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key factors influencing the organisational environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the strategic direction and how their specific roles contribute towards the attainment of set objectives.
- Apply appropriate management principles towards the attainment of designated functions.
- Demonstrate an improved sense of employee engagement (EE) by exhibiting espoused values.
The following topics constitute the core content of this course:
- Nature and scope of management
- Planning for effective delivery
- Organising for optimal performance
- Effective leadership
- Management control and personal growth.
CERTIFICATION AND FURTHER STUDIES
At the end of the course, candidates will be certified according to the following requirements:
Certificate of attendance: 85% attendance with meaningful participation. Certificate of competence: A minimum final mark of 50%, with a sub-minimum of 40% in the summative assessment. In addition, successful candidates receive a statement of results and may qualify for exemptions in line with the prevailing requirements.
This course is taught in English and assessed through written assignments in the English Language.
In order to access online resources and participate in online activities, all students require access to reliable
computer and internet facilities. The following minimum system requirements are recommended:
Reliable internet connection wit
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.