Who should attend
This online course is perfect for individuals wishing to gain a practical insight into how fashion interacts with technology. Designed for fashion designers and those aspiring to broaden their knowledge of fashion tech. Great for entrepreneurs seeking to pivot an existing business, those thinking of launching a start-up and retailers who want to understand the impact technology is having. This is a course for individuals who desire to stay ahead of the curve.
About the course
This online strategy course will introduce you to the new business models that are disrupting and transforming the fashion industry – essential information for fashion leaders and entrepreneurs who wish to broaden their knowledge of how they can successfully integrate technology into their business.
You’ll develop a holistic view of where the fashion industry is headed, by exploring how the fashion and technology sectors work together and the new opportunities this creates. You will learn about changing consumption habits, the failure of traditional supply chains, the digital native as a consumer, and other factors driving new business models.
Each week you will meet online with your tutor and a small group of fellow classmates, for mini-lectures, discussions, and review of current case studies. The course is highly interactive with lots of opportunity for question and answer. The course also has a practical focus, and each week you will complete an individual assignment which helps you further explore a topic of the course. You will get personal feedback from the tutor on your work.
This course will give you a fresh perspective on the industry today, providing you with knowledge of current technological trends and the models that have become intertwined with fashion in the last 10 years. The digital revolution is reinventing the fashion industry – by the end of the course you will be more confident about plotting your path in this exciting field.
By the end of the course you will have;
- Explored how the digital revolution has impacted the fashion industry
- Gained a good understanding of the relationship between fashion and technology
- Studied the factors driving change within these sectors
- Become familiar with emerging, disruptive business models within the fashion industry
- Produced a business model canvas for your new business idea or concept
- Received personalised feedback from your tutor, an industry professional
- The fourth industrial revolution
- Analysing the fashion industry
- Digital immigrants vs Digital Natives: how to identify your target audience
- Factors driving new business models
- Current trends in fashion tech
- Personal values driving brand identity
- Changing consumption habits
- New business models in fashion: 4-6 case studies
- An overview of technologies impacting the fashion industry
- Best practice and lessons from failure
- Exploring business ideas
- Create your own business model canvas
All our Online Short Courses include:
- Live online lessons with the same tutors
- The same course content and learning outcomes
- Lesson recordings, for review
- Access to VLE with course content
- Forums for support
- 2 weeks online access
- Certificate upon completion
Named as one of the ‘25 Forward Thinkers Defining the Future of Fashion’ in 2017 by FashNerd, Ishwari manages the fashion tech programs and events at Centre for Fashion Enterprise. In her 8 year long career at CFE, she has held four different positions and as the Fashion Tech Manager, she has men...
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.