Neuroscience in Marketing
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad.Full disclaimer.
Recent advances in the fields of neuroscience and neuroeconomics are re-defining and enhancing our understanding of how human beings make decisions in general and how consumers make decisions from a marketing perspective. Laboratory and field based applications are now leading to new insights on consumer behaviour that have a direct impact on how marketers should be developing and implementing their marketing plans. This programme seeks to build on the emerging knowledge in this field with its applications in the area of consumer behaviour, pricing, packaging and marketing communications.
- To develop the participant's basic knowledge of how the human brain operates – what are some basic brain operating principles?
- To understand using the brain operating principles how we take decisions based around the themes of “thinking and feeling,” prediction, confidence, risk, fear, surprise, regret and happiness; how the brain receives stimuli, processes them and the responses that it generates.
- To apply these insights in the areas of pricing, marketing communications, packaging, product design, etc. with the objective of producing behavior change in the target audience
By taking this course you'll:
- learn from leading academics in India who are into cutting edge applied neuroscience research
- get an honest and open discussion of the capabilities and limitations of neuroscience in marketing, without any hype
- have the opportunity to network with other professionals working in or interested in the field of consumer neuroscience within a small group
- develop a relationship with IIM Ahmedabad neuroscience researchers which will offer you additional credibility when speaking on this topic internally or externally with your clients
- be able to make more informed decisions about if and when to commit to these techniques
- understand which claims by agencies are based in real science and which are over-emphasising results, saving your business money and time
This course will help you:
- appreciate the range of options available in consumer neuroscience, including different methods
- recognise key capabilities and limitations of neuroscience methods used in marketing
- understand practical opportunities available and their associated time and resource implication
- to better critically evaluate consumer neuroscience campaigns, separating in lated hype from realistic claims
- develop base level skills in creating neuromarketing based marketing concepts and implementations.
Upon successful completion of this programme, you should be able to demonstrate how you can use your enhanced knowledge of consumer behaviour concepts and related methodology, and greater sensitivity to consumer psychology to develop better marketing programmes and strategies – especially in the last mile in the marketplace where consumers make decisions.
The programme would incorporate:
Basic principles of brain organisation including functional neuro-anatomy.
Understand and evaluate key neuromarketing tools such as functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), and electroencephalography (EEG), eye tracking, RFI, etc.
Capabilities and limitations of these methods with examples of their application.
Important consumer neuroscience research in marketing, pricing, branding and product design to highlight areas of future potential.
Applications of neuroscience in different marketing areas.
Who should attend
This course is aimed at anyone involved in the promotion of products, services or brands and anyone who has ever wondered how neuroscience can be used to help understand consumer behavior and wants to achieve behavior change. In terms of area, marketing generally defined, pricing, sales, branding and product design are key functions that can have substantial benefits from the programme.
This could include:
- Account Managers; Creative Leads in Advertising Agencies
- Marketing Managers in Consumer Products
- Brand Managers
- Sales Managers
- Market Research Professionals
- Brand and Business Consultants
- Professionals with PR firms
- CXOs with Marketing related responsibilities
It's also suitable for anyone who uses the above kinds of services or agencies and wants to be more informed about what's on the market in terms of neuroscience in marketing. It is also useful for managers seeking to achieve behavior change in the field or in their organizations.