Who should attend
Anyone interested in developing the skills necessary for network and system administration roles.
About the course
This course introduces students to the common tasks performed by network and system administrators. You’ll be exposed to basic network and system administration concepts and learn how to apply them in real-world scenarios. Skills covered range from supporting internally hosted monolithic applications to supporting containerized microservices running in a cloud environment.
You can take this course on its own or use it to prepare for one of these programs:
- Certificate in Applied Cybersecurity
- Certificate in Big Data Technologies
- Certificate in Ethical Hacking
- DevOps with Docker and Kubernetes
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Scripting techniques and how to use layer 7 protocols such as DNS and HTTP
- Version control using Git, container management using Kubernetes and cloud services using AWS
- Core TCP/IP networking concepts
- Core security concepts and tenets
- How to write shell and Python scripts
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Install, configure and administer Linux systems and Linux-based containers
- Work with iptables, SELinux and REST-based APIs
- Create Ansible playbooks
Angus Glanville is a veteran information technology professional with more than a decade of experience working for large enterprises administering systems, designing and implementing security improvements, developing solutions and educating staff. He's also a Certified Information Systems Securi...
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.