This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Effective leaders and sales professionals must be effective negotiators. This requires skilled questioning and information-gathering. A common mistake when negotiating is the failure to thoroughly explore the wants, needs, and motives of the other parties involved before presenting solutions.
Applying a proven negotiations process helps people know where they are going and how to plan for success.
In this two-hour workshop, you will learn techniques such as building rapport; analyzing the actions, needs, and agendas of all parties; using effective strategies such as presenting alternatives; bargaining in good faith; and finalizing agreements so that everyone "wins" something that they want. By doing so you will be able to gain cooperation and increase the likelihood that future interactions will be positive.
This workshop will help you:
- Apply the 9 principles to gain cooperation and persuade others
- Practice methods to uncover and appeal to the different interests that are brought to the negotiation table
- Generate all-win outcomes through planning, preparation, and effective bargaining
You will be able to:
- Practice methods to uncover and appeal to the different interests that are brought to the negotiation table.
- Recognize where negotiations fail and use the four steps in the negotiations process for success.
- Increase listening to uncover and clarify the needs and interests of others.
- Create power questions to get the information needed from each negotiator.
- Establish appropriate targets before bargaining.
- Be able to recognize 12 common negotiating tactics.
- Use agreement strategies to move the negotiation to finalization.
- Follow the 9 principles to gain cooperation and persuade others.
- Generate all-win outcomes through planning, preparation, and effective bargaining.
Who should attend
Sales professionals and leaders who want to improve their negotiation skills and master the best practices needed to get consistent results.