About the course
Focus on intermediate and advanced global financial practices, and methods for developing your analytical skills to make sound financial decisions on a global scale.
- Understand the relationships between interest rates, foreign exchange, and inflation rates.
- Recognize how to identify foreign exchange exposures and determine if alternative hedging instruments should be used to manage these exposures.
- Analyze current risk management strategies and see how they can mitigate the impact of currency fluctuations on foreign cash flows.
- Evaluate the risks associated with foreign investment opportunities.
- Learn how to prepare a cross-border valuation analysis, and how to estimate foreign currency discount rates using inflation differentials.
- Employ different option strategies to maximize return and minimize risk for your organization.
- Explore how to manage short-term financing, accounts receivable, and accounts payable to ensure clear decision making in a global environment.
- Examine how a global firm’s corporate strategy can affect currency exposure management.
- Overview of Advanced Global Financial Management
- Financial Options
- Forwards, Futures and Swaps
- Short-term Assets and Liabilities Management
- Currency Exposures
- Currency Hedging
- Country Risks
- Overview & Recap of Advanced Global Financial Management
Lena Booth is associate dean of academic programs, a finance professor and academic director of the online Master of Global Management (MGM) program at Thunderbird. She teaches strategic financial analysis, corporate financial management, global financial management, and advanced topics in financ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.