Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Pass-through organization staff involved in managing and reporting on subgrant programs will benefit from this course.
About the course
Pass-through entities must monitor subrecipients based on the terms of their primary Federal grant agreements and any additional organizational policies. You will develop working familiarity with a risk-based approach to monitoring, apply techniques for assessing subrecipients, and gain insight into potential problem areas in grants administration. These insights inform how you can ensure proper spending of Federal funds on approved activities and reduce risk of negative Single Audit findings. This is an elective course in the Pass-Through Track of the GMCP™.
- Summarize the basics of grant monitoring, applicable rules, and how to develop a monitoring plan
- Utilize reports in the grant monitoring process
- Use site visits, desk reviews, and other methods as tools for grant monitoring
- Incorporate audit and audit resolution into your monitoring plan
Introduction to Monitoring
- Overview of Monitoring
- Regulatory Basis for Monitoring
- The Monitoring Plan
Using Reports for Monitoring
- Progress, Financial, and Property Reports
- Acting on Reports
Site Visits and Desk Reviews for Monitoring
- Preparing for Site Visits and Desk Reviews
- Conducting Site Visits and Desk Reviews
Audits and Grants Oversight
- Grants Oversight