Monitoring Federal Grants for Pass-Through Entities
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
Pass-through entities must monitor subrecipients based on the terms of their primary Federal grant agreements and any additional organizational policies. You will develop working familiarity with a risk-based approach to monitoring, apply techniques for assessing subrecipients, and gain insight into potential problem areas in grants administration. These insights inform how you can ensure proper spending of Federal funds on approved activities and reduce risk of negative Single Audit findings. This is an elective course in the Pass-Through Track of the GMCP™.
- Summarize the basics of grant monitoring, applicable rules, and how to develop a monitoring plan
- Utilize reports in the grant monitoring process
- Use site visits, desk reviews, and other methods as tools for grant monitoring
- Incorporate audit and audit resolution into your monitoring plan
Introduction to Monitoring
- Overview of Monitoring
- Regulatory Basis for Monitoring
- The Monitoring Plan
Using Reports for Monitoring
- Progress, Financial, and Property Reports
- Acting on Reports
Site Visits and Desk Reviews for Monitoring
- Preparing for Site Visits and Desk Reviews
- Conducting Site Visits and Desk Reviews
Audits and Grants Oversight
- Grants Oversight
Who should attend
Pass-through organization staff involved in managing and reporting on subgrant programs will benefit from this course.