Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
Federal personnel responsible for the administrative, financial, or performance monitoring of grant recipients, including grants management specialists, grants officials, project officers, and agreement technical representatives will benefit from this course.
About the course
You will develop working familiarity with a risk-based approach to monitoring, apply techniques for assessing recipients, and gain insight into potential problem areas in grants administration. These insights inform how you can ensure proper spending of Federal funds on approved activities. This is a core course in the Federal Track of the GMCP™ and is frequently scheduled with Introduction to Grants and Cooperative Agreements for Federal Personnel.
- Summarize the basics of grant monitoring, applicable rules, and how to develop a monitoring plan
- Utilize reports to aid and complement grant monitoring
- Use site visits and desk reviews as tools for grant monitoring
- Incorporate audit and audit resolution into your monitoring plan
Introduction to Monitoring
- Overview of Monitoring
- Regulatory Basis for Monitoring
- The Monitoring Plan
Using Reports for Monitoring
- Progress, Financial, and Property Reports
- Acting on Reports
Site Visits and Desk Reviews for Monitoring
- Preparing for Site Visits and Desk Reviews
- Conducting Site Visits and Desk Reviews
Audits and Grants Oversight
- Grants Oversight