Who should attend
Employees in the functions of Employee Relations, Human Resources or Personnel and Administration
About the course
Gain the self-awareness and confidence needed to execute HR leadership responsibilities.
Identify and manage strengths and developmental needs through constructive feedback from peers and a confidential, one-to-one session with a certified executive Trainer.
- Explore your role as a cultural steward and understand your role in facilitating organizational change.
- Stimulate personal and career growth through self-directed development through a targeted developmental experience with other Human Resource professionals.
- Develop a plan of action to address a complex organizational HR challenge.
Module 1: Human Resources Management
- Towards a Modern Definition
- The Main Functions in HR Management
- Competency Based HR Management
- HR Deliverables: A Model for Multiple Roles
- HR as Business Partner
- HR Competencies: Moving from Traditional HR to Strategic HR
Module 2: Human Resources Strategies
- HRM Introduction and HRM history.
- Strategic role of HRM in the organizations.
- Developing Effective Business Strategy
- Driving Business Strategy through HR.
Module 3: Linking HR's Strategy with the Organization's
- Approaches for Linking HR with the Organization
- Writing HR Strategies
- HR Visions and Missions
- HR Key Result Areas and Indicators
- Core Competencies for HR Professionals
Module 4: Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals
- Planning Performance Appraisals
- Preparing for the Appraisal
- Avoiding the "But" Trap
- Objective not Subjective
- Conducting Effective Appraisal Meetings
- Common Appraisal Errors
- Roles of Employees and Managers
Module 5: Employee Relations (ER)
- Defining the ER Function
- Main Duties and Responsibilities of ER Officers
Techniques for engaging employees
- Informal participative decision-making programs
- Job enrichment, Continuous improvement, and Self-managed work teams.
- Informal and formal consultation processes
- The establishments of charters with employees
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.