Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Employees in the functions of Employee Relations, Human Resources or Personnel and Administration
About the course
Gain the self-awareness and confidence needed to execute HR leadership responsibilities.
Identify and manage strengths and developmental needs through constructive feedback from peers and a confidential, one-to-one session with a certified executive Trainer.
- Explore your role as a cultural steward and understand your role in facilitating organizational change.
- Stimulate personal and career growth through self-directed development through a targeted developmental experience with other Human Resource professionals.
- Develop a plan of action to address a complex organizational HR challenge.
Module 1: Human Resources Management
- Towards a Modern Definition
- The Main Functions in HR Management
- Competency Based HR Management
- HR Deliverables: A Model for Multiple Roles
- HR as Business Partner
- HR Competencies: Moving from Traditional HR to Strategic HR
Module 2: Human Resources Strategies
- HRM Introduction and HRM history.
- Strategic role of HRM in the organizations.
- Developing Effective Business Strategy
- Driving Business Strategy through HR.
Module 3: Linking HR's Strategy with the Organization's
- Approaches for Linking HR with the Organization
- Writing HR Strategies
- HR Visions and Missions
- HR Key Result Areas and Indicators
- Core Competencies for HR Professionals
Module 4: Conducting Effective Performance Appraisals
- Planning Performance Appraisals
- Preparing for the Appraisal
- Avoiding the "But" Trap
- Objective not Subjective
- Conducting Effective Appraisal Meetings
- Common Appraisal Errors
- Roles of Employees and Managers
Module 5: Employee Relations (ER)
- Defining the ER Function
- Main Duties and Responsibilities of ER Officers
Techniques for engaging employees
- Informal participative decision-making programs
- Job enrichment, Continuous improvement, and Self-managed work teams.
- Informal and formal consultation processes
- The establishments of charters with employees
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.