About the course
Learn how to weave business forecasts into spreadsheet-based financial projections during this live, virtual seminar. Each day’s agenda features individual modules (one hour or less) as well as breaks. Modeling financial statements is critical to financial planning and analysis, business development, valuation, and credit risk analysis. This real-time, interactive course breaks down models into manageable components and explains how the modeling sequence differs from the sequence in which accounting entries are made. Also covered are best practices for integrating knowledge of business drivers, accounting, Excel, finance, and financial programming to produce “well-engineered” models.
The seminar will run as follows:
- Day 1: 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM EST
- Day 2: 11:30 AM – 5:30 PM EST
- Day 3: 1:30 PM – 5:30 PM EST
- Overview: Six key business drivers – Size, growth, margins, asset intensity, business risk, and financial risk; Two major parts of a model – enterprise and financial
- Best practices: Building models that reflect how management views a business, and are error free, understandable, and easy to update
- Enterprise activities: Revenues, expenses, and related accruals and deferrals
- Modeling revenues, receivables, and deferred revenues
- Modeling expenses, payables, and prepaid costs
- Modeling multi-period effects: Long-term receivables, deferred revenues, accrued expenses, and deferred expenses (PP&E, intangible assets)
- Modeling current and deferred taxes
- Understanding and forecasting enterprise free cash flows
- Financial activities: Financial assets, financial liabilities, and equity
- Deriving funding needs, modeling liquidity, and leverage
- Cost of capital and risk; Terminal growth and terminal value
Dan is the founder of Almaris Consulting and Training. He brings in 25 years of extensive experience in consulting and training in accounting, financial statement analysis, business drivers, modeling. valuation, and credit risk analysis. He has worked with over numerous corporations, investment b...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.