Who should attend
This course is designed for engineers, scientists, managers, and technicians.
About the course
Simulation is the process of designing a model of a system and conducting experiments to understand the behavior of the system and/or evaluate various strategies for the operation of the system. Modeling and Simulation (M&S) has become an important tool in all phases of the acquisition process, and can be used within most systems' lifecycle processes. In this course, you will explore the foundations of M&S and how it is used in the systems-engineering process.
What You Will Learn
- The modeling and simulation development process
- The types and uses of data in simulations, as how verification and validation supports simulation use
- Systems modeling language (SysML)
- Different types of simulation methodologies: continuous, discrete, Monte Carlo, agent-based, system dynamics, games, and virtual worlds
- The systems-engineering lifecycle and how models and simulations fit into the process
How You Will Benefit
- Become familiar with how models and simulations are used in each step of the acquisition process.
- Recognize when M&S will provide meaningful support to a technical program.
- Understand the range of simulation methodologies and areas for which they are most applicable.
- Examine foundational technologies, including design of experiments, system modeling, and optimization.
- Examine simulation design issues, including how parallel and distributed simulation standards can be used to support the system of system designs.
Dr. Tommer R. Ender serves as Director of the Electronic Systems Laboratory (ELSYS) of the Georgia Tech Research Institute (GTRI). As GTRI’s largest lab with over 500 personnel and over $80M in annual awards, ELSYS has grown to meet the needs of sponsors across a broad set of Department of Defens...
Margaret L. Loper, Ph.D., is an associate director of the Institute for Information Security & Privacy (IISP) for the area of trust research, and chief scientist of the Georgia Tech Research Institute's Information and Communications Laboratory (ICL). Her current research is in the area of co...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.