Modeling and Analytics for Strategic Insight
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with McCombs School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Create models that answer executives' questions, produce compelling analyses, and ultimately gain commitment.
Decision models are created to generate insights that can guide and inform strategic decision-making. This class will equip you to answer questions including, which strategic alternative creates the most value? Why is it better than the others? How much risk does it entail? What are the most important sources of risk? You will create models, extract powerful insights and be prepared to present analysis results to those who make complex strategic decisions.
Strategic Decision and Risk Management
Clarify problems, explore available options, develop a structured framework, understand the impact, and commit to your choice.
This program is now available in Norway in partnership with Stavanger.
Our partnership with Stavanger University provides the option to attend this course in Norway as part of the Strategic Decision and Risk Management Certificate.
Strategic Decision Professionals
Our partnership with SDG combines UT's academic research and SDG's real-world experience in decision consulting to create an unmatched learning experience.
- Use influence diagrams to help structure a model
- Design models with a parametric approach to maximize insights
- Anticipate decision-makers’ questions and design in features to answer them
- Learn gold standards for developing decision models in spreadsheets
- Build a decision model for a typical business strategy situation
- Discover how to create flexible models that allow you to analyze multiple strategic alternatives
- Learn best practices for diagnosing and preventing errors in your model
- Understand sensitivity analysis and the information it provides
- Conduct probabilistic analysis to general additional insights and understand risk
- Identify how to effectively communicate the insights derived from your model