Model-Based Systems Engineering Certificate Program
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Center for Technology and Management Education.Full disclaimer.
Optimizing execution of design and simulation activities under rapidly changing conditions in complex, environments is challenging. It requires new skills in Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), a critical capability in digital engineering. MBSE integrates iterative, comprehensive design, with fact-based insights into implications of choices, changes, and system behaviors.
Through expert-led action learning and hands-on model making using real-world cases, you will be able to articulate the value of MBSE confidently and can hit the ground running in deployments. This program elevates you and your team's capacity to create models that are both flexible and robust, increasing your organization’s ability to deliver value as expected.
The objective of this five-day program is to focus on the systems thinking throughout the engineering process—from customer needs and requirements gathering to systems modeling to integrated design and delivery.
- Exploring MBSE in the context of Model Based Engineering (MBE) and complex systems
- Scoping and executing full lifecycle MBSE tasks
- Modeling structures interactions, and behaviors based on requirements and constraints
- Generating appropriate systems models and effectively managing them through tools and methods
- Investigating internal and external interactions
- Assessing trades and implications
- Evaluating, critiquing, and improving SysML structures and models
- Crafting key representations, diagrams, and use-cases
- Building confidence in applying MBSE fundamentals to make meaningful contributions to your projects
- Articulating the economic and operational value of MBSE to stakeholders
- Planning appropriate approaches for implementation and accelerated adoption
Who should attend
This program addresses the needs of systems engineering professionals in aerospace, defense, electronics, mobility, and advanced medical devices. Senior and early-career engineers, analysts, designers, and developers will examine a structured approach to requirements analysis and systems design and will learn how to improve their planning, execution, and communications skills. Project managers and support teams will explore how MBSE disciplines can enhance enterprise and mission effectiveness and will understand how to manage scope, digital and traditional work products, risk, and teams of diverse talents.