Who should attend
This course is targeted at individuals who are interested in developing Mobile and Mobile Web-based solutions for enterprise environment.
- Preferably have some understanding of how IT solutions can be used in the real world
- Completed the NICF-NUS-ISS Certificate in Digital Solutions Development - Foundations
About the course
In this module, you will learn how to develop system of insights using Python with machine learning as well as native mobile apps using the Android Development Platform.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Understand Android programming framework
- Develop and package Android application using Android Studio
- Build dynamic and reusable user interface components
- Store application data in Android device
- Use phone’s camera to capture photos and videos, microphone to capture audio and Android multimedia library to playback audio (mp3) and video (mp4) files
- Build threads and communication within threads
- Integrate Android application with server-side functionality for full stack development
Participants will be awarded with NUS-ISS Certificate in Digital Solutions Development - Mobility Applications at the end of the course.
What Will Be Covered
- Develop and deploy native mobile application using Android Studio
- Android programming framework
- Android persistence and database framework
- Consume REST API from Android application
Yuen Kwan teaches courses in the areas of object-oriented technology and application development methodology. Prior to joining ISS, he was involved in application development projects in the government and transportation industries. He also led various large scale developments in business critica...
Cher Wah has over 20 years of software development experience in the Education, Security and Applied R&D domains. Prior to joining ISS, he headed up a software team to develop mobile, desktop and web applications at Marshall Cavendish Education. He has also worked at Startups, SMEs, MNCs and ...
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.