Who should attend
This course is suitable for anyone requiring foundation tools and approaches for taking effective meeting minutes and notes.
About the course
Practical approaches for professionals needing to produce concise, clear and informative minutes or notes for a range of workplace meetings.
- Ensure that meeting participants have what they need for active participation in meeting.
- Create agenda and minutes templates suitable for your own organisation.
- Take clear and concise minutes or notes of meetings.
- Know what to include and what to leave out.
- Produce minutes that are: timely, in an appropriate style and format, and meet the needs of the readers.
What is covered in the course?
- Pre-meeting communication and tasks.
- Preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and papers.
- Effective minute and note taking plans and strategies.
- Templates for producing agendas and minutes.
- Selecting appropriate written style and content for minutes.
- Post-meeting communication and follow-up.
How will I benefit?
You will gain:
- tools and strategies for good minute taking, including preparing agendas and templates, ensuring accuracy and timeliness, following up in and after meetings, and documentation procedures that contribute to successful outcomes
- an understanding of the role that organisational factors can play in producing quality minutes
- an approach to ensuring that meeting information is appropriately and effectively communicated at all stages – from pre-meeting activities to post meeting follow-up.
How will my organisation benefit?
Your organisation will gain:
- improved quality and consistency in key meeting organisation and record keeping
- reduction in repetition and other time wasting that occurs from poorly planned and executed meetings
- improved meeting agendas and templates
- increased accuracy and timeliness of documentation and following up in and after meetings.
Catherine is principal of a training organisation focused on business management and staff development. She has presented throughout Australia, NZ, Norway, Canada and USA. Catherine served on the national board of AITD and as National President of AITD and she sits on the Board of her family com...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.