Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
This workshop focuses on building on the managerial skills needed to guide conflicts to a mutally acceptable resolution. You will learn to apply various meditation concepts and principles to help others resolve everyday workplace conflicts
- Learn to solve problems through mediation
- Build you skills to effectively manage mediation processes
- Learn how to select an appropriate mediation style in resolving conflict
Approach and Features
Using simualtions, you will have many opportunites to practice various mediation techniques and learn your own preferred mediation style through self-assessment.
- Mediation styles and principles
- Managers' role as mediators: limitations and possibilites
- Developing and delivering opening statements to disputing parties
- Moving parties toward interests and problem-solving
- Navigating emotions during mediations
Overview Ariel Avgar is an Associate Professor at the ILR School at Cornell University. His research focuses on two primary areas within employment relations. First, he explores the role that employment relations factors play in the healthcare industry. As such, he examines the effects of a varie...
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.