Georgia Tech Professional Education
Mechanical Integrity – Process Safety Management
This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Many employers who are required to comply with OSHA’s 1910.119 Process Safety Management (PSM) standard are not fully aware of what Mechanical Integrity (MI) really means within the practice of process safety. It’s much more involved than simply not collecting specifications on equipment in your covered process. In this course, you will learn the ins and outs of MI.
What You Will Learn
- MI in process safety
- MI program elements
- Codes and standards
- Special equipment management
- Inspection, testing, and quality assurance
- Risk-management tools
- MI programs
- MI auditing
- Recognized and Generally Accepted Good Engineering Practices (RAGAGEP)
How You Will Benefit
- Understand the basics of PSM and the integral part MI plays.
- Learn how to apply the new OSHA RAGAGEP letter requirements in an MI program.
- Apply key principles of inspection and testing.
- Discover how to successfully utilize MI automation programs, such as Maximo.
- Audit an MI program and apply the principles of continuous improvement.
- Develop MI procedures
- Inspection, testing, maintenance procedures
CODES, STANDARDS AND RAGAGEP
- Design code knowledge
- Inspection and testing
- RAGAGEP changes
INSPECTION, TESTING, AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
- Remaining Life
- Fit for Service
- Risk Based Mechanical Integrity (RBMI)
MI PROGRAMS AND MI AUDITING
- Continuous Improvement
Who should attend
This course is designed for Process Safety Program managers, PSM team members, mechanical engineers, chemical engineers, maintenance managers, and technicians responsible for a PSM-covered process.
Trust the experts
Robert "Bob" Hendry is a Research Scientist in the Electronic Systems Laboratory, Human Systems Integration Division, of the Georgia Tech Research Institute. Mr. Hendry received his Bachelor of Science degree from Wofford College with a double major in Biology and History. He joined GTRI’s Enviro...