About the course
Six Sigma performance is a worthy, albeit expensive, business goal. Fortunately, it is not an all-or-nothing proposition for your organization. This seminar will arm you with tools and strategies that are fundamental to Six Sigma and other proven performance improvement methodologies. You will learn how to 1) Identify customer requirements; 2) Measure process performance; 3) Determine root cause of business challenges; 4) Deploy process improvement strategies.
You Will Learn How to:
- Measure and analyze process performance
- Construct histograms, control charts and other practical Six Sigma tools
- Determine what level of quality your process is capable of delivering
- Identify the root causes that prevent your team from its achieving full potential
- Evaluate and apply process improvement alternatives
- Develop results-oriented process improvement solutions
I. The Customer First
- Who are your key customers?
- What are their important expectations?
- What is your performance against those expectations?
- Kano Model
- Getting/validating customer requirements
II. Measuring Process Quality
How my customers measure quality
How I measure quality
Determining upstream and downstream pulse points
- Collecting data – the Check Sheet
- Evaluating data – the Trend Chart
III. Analyzing Performance
Identifying issues – Pareto Analysis
Histograms and process distributions
- Is the process stable, capable, flexible?
- Common cause vs. special cause
Using variation to manage – the Control Chart
Root cause analysis
- the Scatter Diagram
- the Fishbone Diagram
Overview of tools
IV. Your Improvement Strategy
- Analyzing process flowcharts
- Improvement alternatives
- Identifying “quick hits”
- Options and consequences
- Process Redesign
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.