Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Are you ready to advance your career and drive measurable value to your organization?
Lean six sigma is synonymous with service and manufacturing excellence in today’s global marketplace. It is now a key strategy in every sector, and it drives high-impact, measurable benefits for all stakeholders. Founded upon the define, measure, analyze, improve and control (DMAIC) framework – the industry standard – and combined with the powerful principles of Lean, SEEC’s comprehensive curriculum is designed to improve your problem resolution skills with discipline, facts and data. Spanning 20 days of learning over five months, the program links theory to practice with action-based learning, featuring exercises, case studies and simulations.
You’ll round out your executive education in key current and emerging industry management areas. Excel in Lean Six Sigma project methodology to drive process improvement and increase tangible financial benefits, and gain in-depth understanding of the impact of process variation. The Masters Certificate in Lean Six Sigma – Black Belt is designed specifically to enable Canadian organizations to reach world-class operational standards, and enables you to better understand the voice of the customer, deliver well-scoped Lean Six Sigma projects on time, and drive substantial ROI for your organization.
Introduction to Lean Six Sigma and Mapping the Value Stream
Overview of leading strategies, tools, methods and organizational disciplines that have enabled companies world-wide, across all industry sectors, to drive high impact, measurable benefits.
- Introduction to Lean and Six Sigma improvement strategy
- Understanding the history and culture of Lean and Six Sigma
- Voice of the customer: defining value
- How to map your value streams
- Developing strategies, tools, methods and discipline needed to improve process, services and quality
Managing Change and Leading Successful Projects
Learn how to understand, facilitate and manage the change associated with high-impact, continuous improvement projects and lead successful projects by leveraging proven project management skills.
- Developing activity and resource plans to deliver results expeditiously
- Managing change in a continuous improvement culture
- Stakeholder and Change Readiness Assessments
- Leading successful Lean Six Sigma projects
Launching a Lean Six Sigma Project: Defining Goals
Phase 1 – DEFINE. This first phase of the Lean Six Sigma DMAIC problem-solving project methodology includes writing effective problem statements, identifying goals, and identification, selection, prioritization, scoping and successful launch of process improvement projects.
- How to define Problem Statements and Project Goals
- Elements of a good project charter: Critical-to-Quality Tree, project metric, SIPOC, team selection, Financial Impact assessment etc.
- Selecting, validating and prioritizing high-impact process improvement opportunities aligned with strategic business objectives
- Workshop: Building a Project Charter
Introduction to Basic Statistics and Analysis
This module introduces statistical process control (SPC), as well as key analytical concepts and methods
- How the powerful analytical tools compliment the a problem-solving “tool box”
- Basic statistical concepts and analysis theory
- Introduction to the analytical methods for process management and Statistical Process Control
Measurement Systems and Data Collection
Phase 2 – MEASURE. Explore the discipline surrounding data collection that leads to profound knowledge of process behaviour – Process Mapping, data collection methods, sample size determination and sampling techniques.
- Effective use of “Spaghetti Diagrams”, process flow and value-stream mapping
- Establishing process metrics, including initial capacity and process benchmarking
- Understanding Measurement System Analysis
Process Data Analysis: Introduction
Phase 3 – ANALYZE. An introduction to basic analysis and hypothesis testing to help identify root cause of variation in processes.
- Simple and Multiple Regression
- Hypothesis testing
Process Data Analysis: Advanced
Master advanced analytical tools that will deepen your understanding of process behaviour, including the application of designed experiments.
- Conclusion of Hypothesis Testing
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Introduction to Design of Experiments
Improving Your Operations
Phase 4 – IMPROVE. Leveraging all of the knowledge gained from the measure and analyze phase of your projects, you will drive dramatic improvement by implementing "Lean solutions" in combination with improved management of process variation and process redesign.
- Advanced concepts of Design of Experiments
- Lean Thinking
Phase 5 – CONTROL. Conduct final analysis and testing of the process improvements to ensure long-term sustainability of your process improvements.
- A variety of tools and concepts to aid optimization of process design, including Theory of Constraints
- A deeper understanding of various techniques and application of Statistical Process Control
- How to close your Lean Six Sigma project and hand off to process owner
Program Review and Final Exam
Comprehensive review of all of the phases of the DMAIC project methodology. Preparation and writing of The Masters Certificate in Lean Six Sigma - Black Belt in-class examination to test your knowledge in Lean Six Sigma.
- DMAIC review, project presentation and final assessments
The last day of the program is reserved for the preparation and writing of The Masters Certificate in Lean Six Sigma – Black Belt examination, as well as closing discussions with the course instructors. Note: Participants must bring a laptop computer with them to each module
Who should attend
This program is intended for all industry sectors – in particular, industries relating to operations, products and services; government; healthcare; finance; sales and marketing; product development; human resources; business transformation; manufacturing; and information technology. Participants have included executives, business analysts, directors, consultants, managers, engineers and project managers.
Trust the experts
P. Eng, MBA Travis Ratnam is Director, Quality and Master Black Belt for Brambles Industrial Limited. He is responsible for the global deployment of a Lean and Six Sigma based continuous improvement program across all Brambles business units, and delivering over $50 million in benefits annually. ...
Biography Jeff is a highly accomplished Lean and Six Sigma professional with significant experience leading continuous process/product improvement and excellence initiatives. He has trained and coached individuals and senior leaders on Lean Six Sigma methodologies and process improvement project...
Masters Certificate in Lean Six Sigma - Black Belt