About the course
How we individually and collectively talk about tough issues has a disproportionate impact on results and relationships. Unfortunately, we tend to be at our worst when it matters most. We avoid, hint, try sarcasm, and vent, as relationships deteriorate and problems go unresolved. On the flip side, individuals and teams that talk effectively about anything are agile, effective, and happy.
This workshop is incredibly practical and engaging. You'll learn why most approaches fail in these tough situations and gain profound insights into what actually works. Liberal amounts of practice and application with specific skills will ensure that this engaging workshop translates to improved results back at work. Fun, active, and incredibly engaging, this seminar takes solid social science and makes it actionable.
- IDENTIFY REAL-WORLD TOPICS THAT NEED TO BE DISCUSSED AND MESSAGES THAT NEED TO BE SHARED.
- LEARN TO AVOID REPEAT DISCUSSIONS AND DRIVE CHANGE BY ADDRESSING HIDDEN ISSUES.
- IDENTIFY YOUR OWN COMMUNICATION WEAKNESSES AND CREATE AN ACTION PLAN FOR FIXING THEM.
- SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK AND IDEAS IN WAYS THAT OTHERS EMBRACE.
- DRAW OUT HELPFUL INSIGHTS FROM OTHERS WHO DON'T COMMUNICATE WELL.
- APPLY WHAT YOU LEARN TO YOUR LIFE AND CREATE AN IMPLEMENTATION PLAN.
Neil Staker is the president and founder of Collaborant. He has a Masters of Organizational Behavior degree from BYU and a quarter of a century of experience in organizational development. Neil is known for his clear, approachable, and interactive speaking style. He has taught communication skill...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.