Mastering the Time Value of Money
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with School of Hotel Administration.Full disclaimer.
In today's competitive business world, managers are charged with making many project-related decisions, often involving costs or revenues that will be encountered some time in the future. In this course, participants develop a solid understanding of the time value of money to prepare them to make smart business decisions. Using timelines and cash-flow calculations they will learn to project cash flow, calculate payments, establish the value of securities and investments, and determine when it is more cost effective to lease or to buy.
Participants in this course will need one of the following financial calculators...
- Hewlett-Packard 12C
- Texas Instruments BA II Plus
Participants who complete this course will be able to…
- Make planning decisions in the present, based on the accurate calculation of cash flow projections
- Use a cash-flow timeline to conceptualize time-value-of-money problems
- Use a financial calculator to solve time-value-of-money problems
- Calculate present and future values of payments, perpetuities, and annuities
- Use these concepts as a foundation for making capital investment decisions
Module 1- The Time Value of Money
- Constructing a Basic Timeline
- Conceptualizing TVM Problems
Module 2 - Build Your TVM Toolbox
- Calculate the Future Value of a Lump Sum
- Calculate the Present Value of a Lump Sum
Module 3 - Perpetuities
- Calculate the Present Value of a Perpetuity
- Calculate the Present Value of a Growing Perpetuity
- Present Value of a Perpetuity and Growing Perpetuity
Module 4 - Annuities
- Calculate the Present Value of an Annuity
- Present Value of an Annuity
Module 5 - Future Values
- Calculate the Future Value of an Annuity
- Combining TVM Tools
Module 6 - Final Assignments
- Mastering the Time Value of Money Interview
- Mastering the Time Value of Money Action Plan
Who should attend
This course is crucial for managers without a significant financial background who are charged with project planning, purchasing decisions, and planning capital budgeting projects.