Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Executives (from any industry, firm, and functional area) or government officials with varying levels of negotiation expertise ; no formal educational requirements other than a working knowledge of English and basic familiarity with present value calculations.
About the course
This program is a comprehensive crash course in negotiation strategy that fast-tracks participants from foundational to advanced negotiations in three days. Participants will acquire cutting-edge negotiation techniques to analyze, prepare for, and execute complex deals across most industries. This results-driven, hands-on negotiation skills incubator uses a combination of teaching tools with 360-degree feedback in order to customize the learning experience to the seniority and professional responsibilities of the participants.
- Develop an innovative How To Guide to succeed in complex, high-stakes negotiations
- Learn to apply this negotiation roadmap to the specifics of each deal
- Understand how the economics of a deal affect the opportunities to negotiate or walk away
- Control the negotiation process by anticipating and influencing the actions of your counterparts
- Polish your negotiation style by identifying your strengths, weaknesses and auditing your intuition
A comprehensive class in an accelerated format to fast-track competency training in negotiation.
Highly experiential, customized learning with hands-on simulations, teamwork, and 360-degree feedback.
A multi-method approach:
- rigorous economic and game theoretical analysis
- an insightful behavioral playbook from social psychology
- principles of applied logic to enhance argumentation techniques
The negotiation techniques discussed during the program can be applied immediately to real-world situations.
THEME 1 Mastering the foundations of negotiation
Valued based strategy and the fundamentals of negotiation, distributive versus integrative negotiations. Logic and the principles of argumentation.
THEME 2 Excelling in complex deals
Advanced integrative negotiations, negotiation via agents and the principal-agent problem, unethical beahvior, integrative instruments, Pareto-efficient deals.
THEME 3 Negotiating in challenging contexts
Dispute resolution, emotions, cross-cultural negotiation, e-negotiation, coalitional games, intra/intergroup negotiation, time pressure and temporal dynamics.
Gonçalo Pacheco de Almeida is an Associate Professor of Strategy and Business Policy and the Academic Director of the MBA Strategy Specialization at HEC Paris. He is also a member of CNRS-GREGHEC, the French National Research Center and HEC Paris research lab. Gonçalo received his PhD in Manageme...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.