Who should attend
C-level managers and other senior managers involved in strategy development and planning
About the course
We are reeling from the disruptive effect of COVID-19. The world will no longer be the same, but what will this new world look like? While it is impossible to predict, we can develop different scenarios.
In this seminar, you will gain skills and competence to design scenarios for long term strategic planning in a volatile, uncertain, complex and ambiguous environment. You will learn to identify different possible futures that will arise from this disruption.
You will also be challenged to track indicators that lead to likely scenarios and develop an appropriate plan for each scenario. This will be done in groups.
Key Learning Objectives/ Benefits
At the end of the course, you would have acquired skills to enable you to develop scenarios for more effective long-range planning
** Introduction to Strategy and Strategic Planning **
- Introduction to Strategy
- The Strategic Planning Process
- Situation Analysis
Scenario Analysis Process
- Why Scenario Planning
- Environmental Scanning to identify focal issues and driving forces
- Ranking critical driving forces by importance and uncertainty
- Selection of scenario logics and development of appropriate scenarios
- Fleshing out of scenarios
- Determining the leading indicators and signposts
- Introduction to group work
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.