Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Accomplished professionals who frequently conduct negotiations within their firms as well as with outside parties.
About the course
Learn the essentials of conducting successful negotiations
Mastering Negotiations will transform you from an “experienced” negotiator into an “expert” negotiator. You will be provided with a conceptual framework for analyzing negotiations, enabling you to organize and leverage your own negotiation experience. You will learn how to not only claim but also create value during negotiations. In addition, you will develop skills to handle challenging and complex negotiation situations such as negotiating in teams, crosscultural negotiations, as well as multiparty and multi-issue negotiations, where coalition dynamics become an important determinant of success.
- Enhancing your conceptual, strategic, and practical understanding of negotiation
- Refining your critical negotiation skills
- Gaining a fundamental understanding of how to set up value-adding negotiation scenarios
- Key principles and frameworks for negotiations
- Negotiation tactics and styles
- Assessment and evaluation of offers
- Multiparty negotiations, coalition dynamics, the creation of lasting alliances, and sustainable agreements
- Cross-cultural negotiations and influences on effective communication and perceptions
- Game-theory approaches to strategic interactions and identification of power asymmetries
- A conceptual framework for analyzing negotiations
- Negotiation efficiency and value creation
- Negotiation styles
- Complexity and strategic flexibility
- Complexity, teams, and intercultural negotiation
- The psychology of negotiation/coalition dynamics
- Multiparty negotiations
Biography Matthew Mulford teaches in various HEC Executive Education programs, such as HEC Executive MBA and customized programs, which he also designs and facilitates as Academic Director. Matt Mulford joined the London School of Economics (LSE) faculty in 1995 where he has been a senior lectur...
Nan Guo is a program director at ESMT since 2018. Before joining ESMT, She was on the frontline of market entry projects for German corporates, medium-sized companies and a startup in higher education into the Chinese market. She played a key role in bringing German products and services to the C...
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.