Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
What you will learn
You will learn about:
- Best practice guidelines:
- ICMA’s green bond principles
- ICMA’s social bond principles
- ICMA’s sustainability bond guidelines
- Who issues green bonds and who buys them
- The relationship between green bonds, climate bonds and other bonds
- How climate bonds work
- Types of green bonds and types of interest calculation
- Types of environmental project eligible for green bonds
- The current state of the climate-aligned bond universe
- Bond market pricing and bond market valuation techniques
- Buy-side considerations: integrating green bonds in investment strategy and practice
- The perspectives and roles of the key players in the green bond market: regulators, investors, underwriters, issuers, external reviewers, rating agencies, stock exchanges, data and index providers
- What drives the market
- The current market trends for green and climate bonds
- Potential future developments in the green bond market
The course starts with a brief but detailed review of bond pricing. You will learn how to approximate prices and yields at a glance, before exploring the bond maths functionality in Excel. Having mastered the fundamentals of the international bond markets, you will then focus on a series of case studies designed to give you a complete picture of every aspect of green bonds, climate bonds, environmental bonds, social and sustainability bonds.
Alan helps banks and their clients to manage risk. He has designed and delivered over 1600 highly interactive training days in more than 40 countries for the International Faculty of Finance, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, JP Morgan, HSBC, Deutsche Bank, Rabobank, BNP Paribas, Societe Generale, U...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.