Who should attend
This is for anyone who uses Excel at a basic level and wants to learn how to create formulas and use some of the built-in functions.
About the course
Simplify Calculations and Automate Your Data Analysis Chores Excel functions are programmed formulas and tasks that simplify specific calculations and work. Excel includes hundreds of functions designed to save you time — but learning how to use ALL of them can be a challenge.
This course provides a keen understanding of creating formulas from scratch and using built-in functions to speed through spreadsheet work.
In part one of this course, your instructor will walk you a step at a time through spreadsheet organization tactics, formula creating tips, important statistical functions and more, so you avoid the trial and error time you would waste figuring them out on your own.
Even if you already know how to apply basic formulas, you’ll discover how to take your data validation and analysis to an advanced level using the tools built into Excel. When you face a new function, you’ll have the know-how to quickly be able to use it effectively.
Attend and expand your analytical capabilities as you master the power of Excel and add a whole new level of depth and analysis to your worksheets!
What you will cover
Become a more powerful Excel user as you expand your use of Formulas and Functions:
- Gain what-if capability with the IF, AND, OR, and CHOOSE functions
- Cross-reference data with the table-lookup functions VLOOKUP, INDEX, and MATCH
- Use frequently-overlooked Text functions to clean and manipulate data
- Discover creative and powerful array formulas and functions
- Summarize data with the COUNTIF, SUMIF family of functions
Accelerate your productivity with these Formula/Function-building techniques:
- Instantly display all formulas in a worksheet
- Highlight all formula cells in a worksheet; highlight all numerical value cells
- Use entire row and column references in formulas
- Debug formulas quickly and effectively with a keystroke shortcut
- Use AutoSum (and its extended capabilities) more efficiently
- And the list goes on and on!
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.