Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This programme is suitable for senior professionals with an operational or financial background who are looking to deepen their understanding of private equity.
- Private equity professionals, or experienced managers transitioning to this sector.
- People wishing to set up their own private equity fund.
- Fund, risk and asset managers.
- Pension fund and endowment trustees.
- Investment consultants, accountants, family office representatives, private bankers and independent financial advisers.
- Hedge fund managers, private investors, investor relations specialists and corporate financiers.
About the course
Enhance and grow your private equity investment by learning from a unique combination of senior and experienced global peers, leading sector experts, and faculty who have written the industry rule book.
Unique learning. Unique speakers. Unique insights.
Transform your approach to private equity. Get the right skills and knowledge to maximise your return in this highly competitive field.
Benefits for you
- Learn from Professors Eli Talmor and Florin Vasvari, the leading global thinkers in this field.
- Cut through the jargon to make sense of the global equity industry – explore valuation, structuring, value creation, harvesting and more.
- Join a carefully selected class to build a network of contacts that is international, relevant to your business and highly diverse.
- Make confident private equity investments. Investigate key market practices, techniques and investment instruments.
- Gain real-world insights through case studies and debates with financiers, lawyers, investors, and private equity experts.
- Master the private equity fund and fee structure.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the legal and financial aspects of buyouts.
Benefits for your organisation
- Impact your organisation’s profit growth. Gain deep knowledge of the strategic, legal and financial requirements for success.
- Select and structure effective private equity deals to enhance value and profit growth.
What you learn
- Develop a deep understanding of how private equity funds are structured, how they operate and how they govern their portfolio companies.
- Explore private equity as an asset class and advance your understanding of the latest research, strategies and insights.
- Discover how to analyse assets, investigate selection and acquisition processes, and consider final disposal and capital realisation.
- Review and debate real-world examples of the challenging decisions private equity experts have had to make.
How you learn
- Learn from Professors Eli Talmor and Florin Vasvari, authors of the leading industry textbook International Private Equity.
- Gain insights from the latest interdisciplinary research developed by the renowned Private Equity Research Centre at London Business School, founded by industry expert and leading thinker Professor Eli Talmor.
- Explore the most recent and relevant case studies authored by our expert faculty.
- Engage in lively debate with visiting professionals from the private equity arena.
- Discover how deals operate in practice, and hear from guest speakers from both mature and emerging markets.
- Deepen your knowledge and expand your network with a carefully selected class of top professionals in business and finance from around the world.
Your learning experience
- Leverage global networks in London, a vibrant, commercially driven financial capital offering a wealth of financial connections.
- Join our ambitious and highly talented community of business leaders, and grow your capabilities to work across different cultures and markets.
- Extend your network in a class with a specific interest in the private equity market.
Professor of Accounting PhD (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) Founder of our Coller Institute of Private Equity, Professor Eli Talmor is co-author of International Private Equity, which is widely considered to be the leading reference book on the private equity industry. He is frequ...
London Business School Term Associate Professor of Accounting BSc (Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania), MA (University of Toronto), PhD (Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto) Dr Florin Vasvari teaches Distressed Investing and Financial Restructuring, and Private...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.