Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed to accommodate experienced IT professionals as well as experienced business managers:
- Enterprise architects, IT analysts, IT architects, developers, IT managers, CIOs, business consultants, business unit managers, digital marketeers, business analysts, business architects, solution architects, program and project managers
About the course
Modern organizations are operating these days in hypercompetitive environments, forcing them constantly to monitor their environment for new business opportunities and to aim for stakeholder satisfaction by delivering products and services of unprecedented quality. For most enterprises this has resulted in important challenges with increasing complexity and continuous change. Moreover, these challenges are requiring high evolvability, agility and flexibility of the organization and its information systems.
As there are obviously no simple solutions, enterprises are looking for advanced expertise grounded in research. In order to meet this demand, Antwerp Management School and the University of Antwerp established a unique partnership more than 20 years ago to offer a professional Executive Master in Enterprise IT Architecture. This executive master program is built upon state-of-the-art scientific research in the field of ‘enterprise engineering’ at both faculties.
This part-time master program provides an overview and scientific evaluation of frequently used enterprise architecture and systems development methodologies, i.e. TOGAF, Zachman, Archimate, Unified Process, Agile methodologies, etc. Furthermore, in order to establish the agile enterprise, Normalized Systems Theory and enterprise ontology (DEMO, Design and Engineering Methodology for Organizations) are put forward as important frameworks in both enterprise and IT architecture. In addition, participants will acquire a broad perspective and the managerial skills needed to lead and to succeed in a dynamic and fast evolving digital environment.
This internationally accredited Master of Science (MSc) in Enterprise IT Architecture, will trigger participants to confront practice with science. A highly interactive learning journey – supported by top faculty, visiting guest lecturers, peer-to-peer learning, case studies, individual and group assignments – will guarantee a well-balanced and unique mixture of rigor and practice.
This program is the only, double accredited Master of Science in Enterprise IT architecture in the Benelux
After attending this program:
- You have broadened and deepened your knowledge of IT management and IT governance under the umbrella of general management;
- You can leverage information technology to help innovate the enterprise. You can design and implement the digital enterprise in a unified and integrated manner – including process models – required to realize the enterprise strategy;
- You will become a driver and leader for company-wide digital transformation projects;
- You can design and implement future-proof and evolvable IT systems;
- You are able to integrate enterprise IT architecture aspects with insights in IT governance and value creation management;
- You are well prepared to successfully obtain professional certifications such as the DEMO Professional 4.0 Certificate and ISACA’s CISA, CISM, CRISC and CGEIT certificates.
The objective of this master program is to educate next generation leaders in Business & IT management and IT governance.
Rooted in science The University of Antwerp and Antwerp Management School are representing more than 25 years of applied research in the domains of IT Governance, Enterprise IT Architecture and Enterprise Ontology.
Proven in practice Learn and apply, i.e. put your learnings immediately into practice thanks to the highly interactive learning experience.
Top credentials Year after year Antwerp Management School continues to be a highly-ranked management school by Financial Times and by Eduniversal for its Information Systems Management programs. Accreditations by the international AACSB and the Dutch/Flemish NVAO organizations are the guarantee for the highest quality standard. The program is compliant with the E-Competence Framework, EuroCIO, and ISACA.
Up-to-date with an international scope Handpicked C-level guest lecturers and international industry specialists are ensuring an up-to-date global outlook.
Top participants & ambitious career outlook Students & alumni of these programs are working in and have been promoted to top positions in their field of expertise.
Official & internationally accredited Master of Science (MSc) degree After successful completion of the program, you will receive an official and internationally accredited Master of Science (MSc) diploma issued by Antwerp Management School.
In addition, you will be prepared to successfully obtain professional ISACA certifications such as CISA (Certified Information Security Auditor), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT) and CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control). Additionally, you will obtain your DEMO Bachelor Certificate and optionally your DEMO Master Certificate (DEMO: Design and Engineering Methodology for Organizations).
The program focuses on deepening, broadening and practicing your knowledge in enterprise IT architecture. In addition, this program holds modules on business strategy, leadership, change and data science management. The complete master track represents a 60 ECTS study load. Alternatively, you can also register for each individual module:
- Residential opening seminar
- Digital Transformation: Strategy & Leadership (12 ECTS)
- Leading Digital Transformation
- Mastering Digital Disruption
- Business Research Methods & Master Project Preparation Coaching
- Agile Enterprise Architecture & Engineering: Diagnosing the Enterprise Architecture (6 ECTS)
- DEMO Professional 4.0 (6 ECTS)
- Agile Enterprise Architecture & Engineering: Engineering Agility & Evolvability (12 ECTS)
- Data Science for Business: Big Data Driven Analytics & Practices (6 ECTS)
- Master Project: evolving project, spread over the entire duration of the master program (18 ECTS)
- Master Project: group and faculty coaching & feedback sessions
- Leadership, Change and Personal Development
- ISACA Certification Lab (optional)
- Digital Transformation Labs (4)
- Executive Master Electives (2) (optional)
Function Professor Expertise Enterprise Engineering Business Consultancy Mediation Expert of the Court Facilitator Hans Mulder is managing director of Venture Informatisering Adviesgroep NV (VIAgroup), professor at the University of Antwerp (UA), Antwerp Management School (AMS) and the Po...
Expertise Strategic Management Innovation B2B Markets Organizational Mindfulness Go-to-Market Strategies Programs Part-time Executive Master of Enterprise IT Architecture Part-time Executive Master of IT Governance and Assurance Part-time Executive MBA Part-time Executive MBA Moscow Full-ti...
Expertise Enterprise Engineering Enterprise Architecture Enterprise Design Strategy Development and Implementation Organizational Theory Business Consultancy Programs Executive Master in Enterprise IT Architecture Executive Master in IT Management Martin Op ’t Land is Capgemini certified ...
Function Assistant Professor of Entrepreneurship Expertise Technology-market search and linking Entrepreneurial team formation and processes New venture adaptation Entrepreneurial strategy (Social) Psychology & entrepreneurship Biography Robin De Cock is an assistant professor of ent...
Function Academic Director Executive Master of Enterprise IT Architecture Academic Director Executive Master of IT Governance and Assurance Academic Director full-time Master in Management Expertise Digital Strategies IT Governance & Management IT Strategy and Alignment IT Value & P...
Verelst obtained his Ph.D. in Management Information Systems in 1999 from the University of Antwerp with a thesis entitled "De invloed van variabiliteit op de evolueerbaarheid van conceptuele modellen van informatiesystemen" (The impact of variability on the evolvability of conceptual models of i...
Dr. Anant Joshi is an Assistant Professor of Information Management at the department of Accounting and Information Management at Maastricht University's School of Business and Economics. He is also a visiting scholar at the University of Antwerp and Antwerp Management School (Belgium). He holds ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.