Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This Master Class is designed for business and IT professionals involved in business and IT strategy development, corporate governance, risk & compliance, internal audit, etc. All responsible for value creation out of IT enabled investments:
- CIO and C-level executives;
- BU managers;
- IT managers/directors;
- IT service managers;
- (IT) Quality managers;
- Internal and Operational auditors;
- Risk and compliance managers/directors (GRC);
- IT service managers;
- Business process owners;
- (IT) Program, Project & Portfolio managers;
- (IT) Business consultants;
- Information security managers.
About the course
New laws, regulation and public expectations have pushed IT related Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) topics high up on the boardroom agenda. Organizations, both large and small, need skilled professionals who can ensure that IT policies and processes are supporting the organization’s strategies and objectives.
The Master Class Governance and Management of Digital Assets is built around the key governance and management issues of digital assets posed by business and IT managers, including:
- How to ensure that your IT related investments and services are in-line with your business needs?
- How to ensure that IT enabled innovations emerge in your organizations?
- How to create IT policies and processes supporting business strategies and objectives?
- How to take and to manage sourcing decisions around enterprise IT?
- How to manage the relationship with external third parties?
- How to capitalize on IT enabled investments?
- How to manage the continuity and performance of your digital environment?
Featuring selected case studies, this program integrates empirical research with practical applications, including an in-depth discussion on the COBIT 2019 framework. This internationally recognized and adapted framework is used to build, measure and audit the enterprise governance of IT related investments.
Key objectives of this Master Class are to address all governance and management related aspects around the enterprise IT assets. After attending this master class, participants will be able to understand, to apply and to integrate all concepts related to:
- Evaluating, directing and controlling enterprise IT;
- Aligning, planning and organizing enterprise IT;
- Building, acquiring and implementing enterprise IT;
- Delivering enterprise IT service and support;
- Monitoring, evaluating and assessing enterprise IT;
- Identifying and communicating the organization’s IT related business value opportunities and risks;
- Preparing and making management decisions in the domains of IT governance, audit, control and security;
- Applying the international IT governance and assurance framework COBIT
This Master Class addresses all the strategic, tactical and operational aspects of governing and managing your digital assets. Key focus areas of the curriculum are:
- Strategic planning, auditing and organization of IT related functions;
- Managing the enterprise IT architecture;
- Managing IT enabled innovation;
- Managing the portfolio of IT enabled investments;
- Managing IT related cost and budgets;
- Managing the relationship and cooperation between business and IT managers;
- Managing IT related sourcing and contracting decisions;
- Managing IT related services and operations;
- Managing IT related development activities and projects;
- Managing IT related assets and configurations;
- Managing IT related availability, capacity and continuity;
- Monitoring IT related performance and control;
- Providing assurance against IT related goals and risks.
- In each area we address theoretical aspects, implementation challenges, management practices and processes, key objectives and KPIs, roles and responsibilities, etc. In order to structure the module and to ensure a comprehensive and complete overview of all governance and management approaches, we are building on COBIT as the supporting umbrella framework.
Function Academic Director Executive Master of Enterprise IT Architecture Academic Director Executive Master of IT Governance and Assurance Academic Director full-time Master in Management Expertise Digital Strategies IT Governance & Management IT Strategy and Alignment IT Value & P...
Management consultant active in strategy implementation tracks. Passionate about: - Strategic portfolio management - Enterprise architecture - Agile transformation - Coaching
Verelst obtained his Ph.D. in Management Information Systems in 1999 from the University of Antwerp with a thesis entitled "De invloed van variabiliteit op de evolueerbaarheid van conceptuele modellen van informatiesystemen" (The impact of variability on the evolvability of conceptual models of i...
Gerard is an experienced advisor with an extensive background in IT strategy, sourcing, innovation, architecture and IT governance. Gerard has been concerned with strategic IT issues for more than 25 years and is known as a committed, professional and entrepreneurial advisor. He is founder of And...
During the past 15 years Frank has managed many different projects and programs in Belgium and abroad. He has extensive experience of enterprise governance of IT, management of change, business-IT alignment and IT service management, both as a consultant and as an auditor. Frank has held classes...
Since the beginning of my career, I focused on how IT/Technology can be used to help flourish Business. And this in different roles: first in IT as Developer/Analyst, then Project Manager, IT Manager, Enterprise Architect, PMO Manager, Director of Strategy and a couple of years ago I have made th...
I am passionate about what I do. It is why I get out of bed every day. I bring +25 years of innovative knowledge and solutions to boards, audit committees and executives to manage IT risks, information security / data protection and to execute IT audits. My core competencies: expertise, exper...
I grew up with some some quotes from my dad in mind. Since then, I've developed a few on my own that guide my view on the world " A gift is a gift and not a given. The more you work on developing the gift, the more it becomes a given. So my gift to you: make your gift a given" "In life there ar...
Dr. Anant Joshi is an Assistant Professor of Information Management at the department of Accounting and Information Management at Maastricht University's School of Business and Economics. He is also a visiting scholar at the University of Antwerp and Antwerp Management School (Belgium). He holds ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.