Comprehensive course analysis
About the course
An intensive 2-day course to improve as a leader by exploring how digital is changing their businesses, their industries, and their customer’s expectations.
This course will help participants sense and explore how digital is changing their businesses, their industries, and their customer’s expectations and provide tools to help them improve their role as leaders. It will also provide an opportunity to question their assumptions and discuss each other’s perspectives.
Hyper Island Sessions help participants learn transferable skills that can be directly applied to their own workplace and career. We will draw on current and emerging international, local & Asian perspectives and case studies; and help participants consider the legal, social, and ethical issues involved.
What you will learn
At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
- Explore tools to sense, make sense and respond to change
- Explore data as the foundations for an experimental mindset
- Show how digital-first companies obsess about the customer and their needs
- Explore technologies that are driving change in Finance
- Show how culture underpins successful transformation projects
- Experience and reflect on new agile ways of working
- Describe methods to lead digital transformation within your organizations
Expectations, introductions, agenda setting.
Digital & the changing landscape of the financial sector
Company focus: Fintech, Big Digital, Platforms, Digital Banks
– What’s changing in Finance?
– What do digital first Fintech companies have in common? Compare with non-finance and big players
– Introduce Platforms as a way of thinking
Technology transforming finance
AI, APIs, Blockchain, Cloud
– Explore technologies that are changing Finance
– Hands-on with at least one of these per group
– Short presentations back to the group
Exploring the power of data
Collect, manage, visualize
– New data treasure hunt with links to fintech
– Reflect on what we need to know and why
Developing a culture of transformation
Learning from the others in the industry.
– Ways to build a culture (DBS example).
Homework will be given.
Setting the scene for day 2
What did you do yesterday that changed your perspectives?
– Helpful and hindering team behavior
Meeting changing finance customer needs
How digital companies obsess about their customers
– Jobs to be done intro
– Wealth management persona
– Buy them a gift (do we have empathy?)
Designing future finance (workshop)
Design service for our persona building (incorporating technology, data, and platform thinking) to meet specific needs
– Sketch a prototype
– Write a press release
Presentation & feedback
– present back your work
– get feedback from others
– reflection on the process of being more agile and experimental
5 roots of transformation
– What small changes will you make
– How will you lead the transformation?
Close & Check Out
Wrap up and close
What to expect?
Our virtual learning experiences are broken up across 1 or 2 days, allowing you to absorb, reflect and apply your learnings. You will be given a briefing pack beforehand to get you prepped. We can also run this session face to face, if you prefer, with safe distancing measures in place.
We use collaborative tools such as Padlet, Mural, and Mentimeter as part of our discussion during the course to facilitate you through the learning journey.
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.