Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Enterprise architect
- IT/business analyst
- IT/business architect
- IT developer
- IT manager/director
- Business consultant
- Business unit manager
- Digital marketing professional
- Solution architect
- Program and project manage
About the course
In today’s fast evolving society, companies and organizations have become highly dependent on information technology. These IT systems need to be embedded, integrated and embraced within the organization. However, in order to master the organizational and technical complexity in a fast-changing context, the enterprise business objectives, procedures, technology and human resources need to be organized as an integrated ecosystem. This calls for an adequate and strategic IT enterprise design in order to deliver superior value.
As a result, the role of an enterprise IT architect is to develop and to provide comprehensive, coherent, and concise strategic IT options to the business. As such, the enterprise IT architect has become crucial in today’s strategic development and support of the enterprise digital transformation path.
The Master Class Agile Enterprise Architecture & Engineering is focusing on the role of enterprise IT architecture and enterprise IT engineering with the challenge to obtain a powerful result driven integrated ecosystem, i.e. successful business and IT alignment. The program is offering up-to-date knowledge and state-of-the-art insights for business and IT professionals in order to excel in the proactive (re)design of the organization. The program has a managerial focus.
- Learn how to recognize, identify, and describe the technical and organizational challenges of the enterprise, including all functional domains, reporting levels, human resources and technology. Learn how to establish design principles that will enable the organization to drive and to manage change;
- Become the enterprise change agent between management, the IT department and all operational units within your organization. Take the lead in the support and realization of strategic objectives in order to succeed in a technology driven context;
- Practice DEMO (Design and Engineering Methodology for Organizations), a scientifically grounded (TU Delft) ontological approach to understand and to describe the complexity of the enterprise. You will become fully prepared to successfully obtain the ‘DEMO Bachelor and/or Master’ certificate of the Enterprise Engineering Institute.
After attending this program:
- You are able to recognize and to reduce complexity in the organizational design of the digital enterprise;
- You will be able to identify and to describe the key issues of organizational transactions and business processes;
- You will recognize complex design patterns in the enterprise business processes;
- You will have a comprehensive and appropriate overview of the most important concepts of current systems development and architectural methodologies;
- You will become a DEMO practitioner (option to obtain the ‘Demo Bachelor’ and/or ‘DEMO Master’ certificate);
- You will understand and will be able to resolve the fundamental reason for organizational rigidity;
- You will be able to identify, to describe and to establish solutions to prevent combinatorial effects, triggered by system changes.
The objective of this Master Class is to educate next generation leaders in aligning Business & IT management and IT governance
Rooted in science
The University of Antwerp and Antwerp Management School are representing together more than 25 years of applied research in the domains of IT Governance, Enterprise IT Architecture and Enterprise Ontology.
Proven in practice
Learn and apply, i.e. put your learnings immediately into practice thanks to the highly interactive learning experience.
Year after year Antwerp Management School continues to be a highly-ranked management school by The Financial Times and by Eduniversal for its Information Systems Management programs. Accreditations by the international AACSB and the Dutch/Flemish NVAO organizations are the guarantee for the highest quality standard. The program is compliant with the E-Competence Framework and ISACA.
Up-to-date with an international scope
Handpicked C-level guest lecturers and international industry specialists are ensuring an up-to-date global outlook.
Top participants & ambitious career outlook
Students & alumni of these programs are working in and have been promoted to top positions in their field of expertise.
Based on active participation in this Master Class and after successful completion of the module assignment you will receive a Master Class Certificate issued by Antwerp Management School.
In addition you will receive an exemption for this module at the moment you register for the Antwerp Management School Executive Master In Enterprise IT Architecture (MEITA).
Get a master’s degree!
The Master Class Agile Enterprise Architecture & Engineering is an integral part of our Executive Master tracks in Leading Digital Transformation. Four part-time master programs are offering you the flexibility to combine your job and career perspectives with the commitment and aspirations of obtaining a master degree.
- Executive Master in IT Management (MITM)
- Executive Master in Enterprise IT Architecture (MEITA)
- Executive Master in IT Governance and Assurance (MITGA)
- Executive Master in IT Risk & Cyber Security Management (MRSM) NEW
Thanks to the modular construction of these master tracks, we are offering maximum flexibility with multiple starting points spread over two academic years. Start with a module and apply for the full master track later or combine only those modules that are the best fit to your personal needs.
Successful completion of the part-time master program will result in a Master of Science (MSc) diploma with double accreditation: the international AACSB accreditation as well as the Dutch/Flemish NVAO accreditation.
The Master Class consists of several parts each addressing specific topics. You can register for the Master Class as a whole, or for one of the separate parts. Throughout the Master Class, models and concepts are taught, illustrated and practiced with cases and exercises. All in-class sessions will be highly interactive, with a lot of focus on sharing experiences and challenging ideas.
Part 1 & 2: Diagnosing the Enterprise Architecture
This module discusses the broader organizational context of the digital enterprise. It describes the enterprise as a system that can be (re)designed taking into account IT systems, business processes and organizational objectives. The content of the module provides a pragmatic approach for alignment of the organization’s functional strategy with the organizations constructional design. It covers:
- Defining enterprise architecture within the enterprise design;
- Mastering organizational complexity;
- Designing the organization, defining design principles and realizing strategic objectives;
- The opportunities and constraints of the modeling the organizations, i.e. what is an enterprise model?;
- Application workshops using DEMO as an example of architecture & engineering methodologies.
Part 3: Engineering Agility & Evolvability
This module offers you theoretical insights and a practical toolbox to handle the complexity and time-consuming implications of change. It will deal with changes in the organization, the enterprise architecture, all business processes, documentation and IT systems. Participants will obtain insights in, and develop solutions for, the dynamics and traceability issues of changes. Based on Normalized Systems Theory, the curriculum includes identifying and resolving the effects of change within the organization’s structures, processes and systems. It covers:
- Learning the difference between descriptive and prescriptive architecture;
- Realizing stability, being the combination of evolvability and continuity;
- Understanding the difference between static and dynamic modularity;
- Practicing the incorporation of engineering principles in the design of the enterprise.
We strongly advise you to follow part 3 after completing successfully Part 1 & 2. Contact the Program Director for more information.
Function Professor Expertise Enterprise Engineering Business Consultancy Mediation Expert of the Court Facilitator Hans Mulder is managing director of Venture Informatisering Adviesgroep NV (VIAgroup), professor at the University of Antwerp (UA), Antwerp Management School (AMS) and the Po...
Expertise Enterprise Engineering Enterprise Architecture Enterprise Design Strategy Development and Implementation Organizational Theory Business Consultancy Programs Executive Master in Enterprise IT Architecture Executive Master in IT Management Martin Op ’t Land is Capgemini certified ...
Verelst obtained his Ph.D. in Management Information Systems in 1999 from the University of Antwerp with a thesis entitled "De invloed van variabiliteit op de evolueerbaarheid van conceptuele modellen van informatiesystemen" (The impact of variability on the evolvability of conceptual models of i...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.