Who should attend
Whether you are a hands-on practitioner or someone who manages or interacts with market researchers, whether you’re new to the field or an experienced professional, this program will give you a deeper understanding of the marketing research process.
About the course
The Marketing Research Certificate Program is designed to provide you with an overview of the marketing research process and how it affects key business decisions. You'll come away with the basic skills necessary to conduct and/or manage qualitative and quantitative studies for your organization that will guide strategic and tactical decisions. This course will help you gain familiarity with both fundamental and state-of-the-art market research design and analysis techniques and procedures, offering a solid foundation to guide you through the entire research process. You'll learn how to identify the underlying business issue, design the research program, collect the data, tabulate and analyze the results, and prepare and present findings.
In this five-week program, you will learn practical ways to develop sample design plans and construct effective questionnaires appropriate for qualitative and quantitative studies. You will also learn when to use, how to organize and how to get the most out of your focus group sessions. You'll come away with a solid foundation of knowledge of common data analysis techniques and the confidence and skills necessary to excel in any research setting.
- Learn how to recognize situations that require market research
- Gain an understanding of the research designs that could be used to address specific business issues
- Broaden your understanding of critical research techniques and good research practices
- Develop practical skills you can use to establish sampling plans, design questionnaires, and analyze research studies for optimum results
- Week 1—Marketing and Marketing Research Overview
- Week 2—Sampling Process and Sample Plans
- Week 3—Focus Groups
- Week 4—Questionnaire Design
- Week 5—Data Analysis and Communicating Research Results
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.