Who should attend
This course has been developed for marketing professionals, business owners and managers. It is designed for delegates with the responsibility to commission, design and/or manage their organisation’s marketing strategy, implementation and budgets.
About the course
This workshop is ALL about today’s practical application of the law as it affects marketers in the delivery of their marketing strategy. Designed as a ‘marketing course’, not a ‘legal course’, we bring the subject to life building your knowledge and technical skills of the laws and regulations that shape marketing. We will cover how to commission, develop and deliver compliant marketing and digital marketing campaigns; whether prospecting, lead generating, nurturing, profiling or selling – you can be confident that your actions will not land you in ‘hot water’.
You will gain current, in-depth knowledge of:
- Contract law as part of marketing communications
- Intellectual property including copyright
- Trademarks and ‘passing-off’
- Comparative advertising
- GDPR, ePrivacy laws, cookies and programmatic marketing
- Social media, user generated copy and ‘influencer marketing’
- Unfair commercial practices and consumer rights
- Competitions, prize draws and lotteries
- ASA CAP and BCAP Codes
- Understand the role of Regulators, including the ASA and the Information Commissioner; learn what do they do, what powers they have and how to keep on the right side of them.
Duncan Smith is a Director of iCompli® and Principal Trainer on Information Law and Privacy. He specialises in delivering real world compliance solutions in the arena of information law, privacy and corporate social responsibility. Duncan does not believe in ‘brandishing the compliance stick’; p...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.