About the course
In this course, you will explore the management of marketing, with emphasis on marketing research, analysis, planning and control. Case studies will provide an opportunity to apply marketing principles in an examination of Canadian business problems.
Course at a glance
- Fully online course, accessible through eClass, the University of Alberta’s eLearning management tool.
- Learn through lectures and lively discussions, as you broaden your network and apply the course content to the context of your own work or organization and explore its implications for your professional practice.
- Aimed at beginning to mid-career individuals interested in acquiring new workplace skills, this course will also benefit prospective or aspiring managers ready to take the next step in their careers.
What you will learn
- Learn about vital marketing phases such as finding a need, helping to design a market-oriented product, and developing and executing a promotions program.
- Explore the theory and application of marketing fundamentals, including topics like customer value, consumer behaviour, market research, market segmentation, marketing strategy, and the much-referred-to four Ps (product, price, promotion, and place).
- Go deeper into the marketing concept method and acquire knowledge in areas such as the strategic marketing process, developing customer relationships and value, buyer behaviour, environmental scanning, organizational markets, market segmentation, measurement and targeting, new product development, product and brand management, and marketing communication.
- This is a graded course; assessment activities may include exams, projects, presentations, journals, or research papers.
- Refer to the course syllabus for details on activities and assignments.
- A textbook is required for this course; further information will be provided in the course syllabus.
- Additional learning materials are provided through eClass at no additional cost.
Franco (Frank) has made presentations to industry stakeholders in Canada, United States and Europe, covering topics such as stakeholder relations, municipal fundamentals and finance for non-financial managers. Prior to his plus 20 years as an educator, his professional experience included auditi...
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.