Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is for anyone who has to do any manual handling in the workplace – this includes office duties as well as the more obvious workshop & warehouse lifting & carrying. This course guides the delegates in a very practical way how to manually handle safely.
About the course
Manual Handling helps employees assess the risks involved in moving, lifting or carrying heavy or awkward objects, and explains the correct techniques to use. With confident, well-trained staff, a business will reduce the risk of workplace injuries which can lead to long-term absence and costly legal action. This course ensures all employees are aware of correct lifting techniques and government guidance on maximum weight recommendations.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Learn how to lift and carry to minimize strain
- Learn guidelines for safe lifting and lowering
- Minimize risk through evaluation
LIFTING AND CARRYING TECHNIQUES
- Create a stable base
- Bend the knees
- Correct grip and hold
- Changing direction
GUIDELINES FOR LIFTING
- Recommended maximum weights for men and women
- Different weights apply in different levels of bending
- Comparative Risk Levels
- Lifting while seated
- Review – Guidelines for Lifting
- The Task (Movement, Distance, Work process)
- The Load (Weight, Shape, Hazards)
- The Environment (Layout, Floor Condition, Temperature)
- Capability (Strength, Training, Preparation)
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.