Who should attend
It is designed for senior leaders and organisation executives who are looking for clear strategies and planning techniques to improve how they respond to uncertainty. This course will not only provide the knowledge and tools to create a sound plan to thrive during turbulent times. It will also foster adaptive thinking, which will enable you to respond to future challenges and change.
About the course
Turbulence is the new normal, and organisations and leaders need the tools and capability to successfully navigate this turbulence to survive.
In the past 25 years in Australia, leaders have had to face the Asian Financial Crisis, 9-11, the Global Financial Crisis, and now COVID-19. To respond effectively to a crisis, organisations and leaders must have the right systems and behaviours in place before it occurs, but many fail to prepare adequately.
Managing Turbulence in a Changing Environment is a one-day course that explores the changing nature of business environments and the need to prepare for the unexpected. It will equip you with the analytical and planning tools to face crises head on.
What you will learn
- Understanding turbulence and how it can affect your organisation.
- How to identify areas of weakness within your organisation and forecast the future.
- Strategies to develop a plan to guide your organisation through times of crisis and change, and handle responses.
- Tactics to adapt your plan and remain flexible when managing change.
- Turbulence in today’s environment: the current situation.
- The Innovation Map: where are you, where you want to be, and how to get there.
- Responding to turbulence and complexity.
- Innovation for complexity and resilience.
Tim’s research, teaching and engagement work are all based on his study of innovation management. He graduated from Princeton University with a degree in economics, and his MBA and PhD were completed at UQ. He has worked in marketing and management positions in a variety of industries including r...
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.