Who should attend
This program is designed for aspiring and experienced leaders in the aviation industry, from chief pilots to maintenance managers to executives. It will be useful to managers who want to update or expand their ability to build savvier budgets, negotiate equipment acquisition more effectively or learn new techniques for improving their bottom line.
About the course
Develop the industry insights, management techniques and hands-on experience you need to become a high-performance leader in corporate aviation.
- Cultivate a broad view of the corporate aviation function's impact on organizational goals and profit.
- Blend best practices with practical considerations around aircraft acquisition, maintenance, equipment technology updates, and budget management.
- Audit operational performance to provide meaningful feedback to direct reports and upper management.
- Practice building trust and collaboration among team members with diverse responsibilities.
As part of Darden's trio of aviation-centered programs, this course provides corporate aviation leaders like you invaluable opportunities to:
- Uncover solutions to traditional and emerging challenges - particularly budgeting, financial management, and maintaining performance and operational standards among direct reports.
- Make the most of your capital budget, reviewing alternative financing methods and your options for chartering, leasing, fractional ownership, and outright purchase of aircraft to provide the necessary flight hours for your business.
- Interpret annual reports and financial statements, analyze the business case for corporate aviation and explore various cost allocation techniques, including user charge-back methods, so you can better manage the expense to profit margin of your department.
- Make an informed capital budgeting business case for new aircraft.
- National Business Aviation Association (NBAA) members receive 10% program discount.
OUTCOMES & IMPACT
- Broaden your perspective so you can make more competitive and strategic choices.
- Learn to speak the language of aviation finance, to analyze capital budgets, and to make smarter allocation decisions.
- Gain a comprehensive set of analytical techniques for realizing greater cost savings or improved service while providing necessary flight hours.
- Discover your personal management style and how to inspire both aviation and corporate reports.
Education: B.S. Ed., The University of Tennessee, Knoxville; MEd, Kent State University; Ed.D., Lehigh University Assistant Professor June West teaches First-Year Management Communication in the MBA program at Darden and Second-Year electives in special topics in organizational communication. ...
Education: B.S., Tufts University ; Ed.M., Harvard University; MBA, D.B.A., Boston University Associate Professor Isabella teaches courses in organizational behavior, leadership and change, and team interaction at the University of Virginia Darden School''s MBA, Global Executive MBA, MBA for Exe...
Education: B.A., MAcc, University of Florida; Ph.D., University of Texas at Austin; CPA Paul J. Simko''s research centers broadly on issues related to financial accounting information; he has received numerous national and university recognitions for his work. Simko is particularly interested in...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.