Who should attend
While there are no prerequisites, participants should have at least five years of experience managing projects.
- Project managers
- Business analysts
- Technical professionals
About the course
This course focuses on strategies and techniques using agile principles to managing project suppliers and supply chains, including general procurement, subcontracts, and vendors. You will examine the entire acquisition lifecycle, from the development of executable requirements, specifications, statements of work and contractual terms and conditions through successful delivery and acceptance. You will learn to provide effective oversight and recognize and resolve supplier performance problems.
You will learn to:
- Understand the operations and key processes of the supply chain
- Develop executable requirements and recognize hidden dangers in specifications, statements of work and contractual terms and conditions
- Perform effective source selections and negotiations
- Manage suppliers for success and quality
- Recognize early indicators of potential supplier performance problems
- Avoid potential contractual/legal problems
- Develop effective strategies for resolution of supplier performance problems
- Achieve effective oversight and control of lower-tier suppliers
Steve McNamara has over 40 years of experience in supply chain management, major subcontractor management and supplier quality, specializing in the management of technically-complex development and production subcontractors on defense and communication space satellite systems, air combat systems ...
Read more about Negotiations
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.