Managing Projects Using Pmi's Standards
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Cyprus International Institute of Management.Full disclaimer.
The project management standards of the PMI – Project Management Institute are the most important industry-recognized for project managers. By using the PMI’s PMP – Project Management Professional methodology, you can work in virtually any industry and at any location.
Globally recognized and in demand, the PMP demonstrates to employers, clients and colleagues that a project manager possesses project management knowledge, experience and skills to bring projects to successful completion.
As the demand for certified project managers is at a critically urgent level, participants may pursue an optional external examination for obtaining the PMP certification. PMP holders are in a position to provide the professional skills necessary to lead project teams and achieve successful project results. The PMP recognizes the competence of an individual to perform in the role of a project manager, specifically experienced in leading and directing projects.
- Understand the standards of the PMI – Project Management Institute and the PMBoK – Project Management Body of Knowledge
- Strengthen your skills in selecting, initiating, planning, monitoring, controlling and completing a project of any size and type
- Link project management to operations management and organisational strategy
- Understand communication, human-resources, quality and risk processes
- Recognise the principles of procurement and contract management
- Learn how to apply business analytic techniques to address business challenges
- Project Management – A historical review
- Introduction to the Standard of PMI (Project Management Institute)
- Projects – Programs – Portfolios
- Linking Project Management to Operations Management and the Organisational Strategy
- Value Creation (Business Value) through the Project Management
- The role, duties and skills required for project managers
- PMBoK (Project Management Body of Knowledge)
- Operational characteristics and their influence on the Management of Works
- Project stakeholders and corporate governance measuring project success
- Project team
- Project lifecycle
- Process Groups Project
- Project Management Knowledge Areas
- Popular Project Management Software (Introduction – Demo)
Who should attend
- Experienced Project Managers
- Professionals who want to gain a practical methodology for managing their projects
- Professionals pursuing the PMP® qualification