Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Bristol Business School.Full disclaimer.
About the course
A project is defined as a "piece of planned work or an activity that is finished over a period of time and intended to achieve a particular purpose". Many of us in our day-to-day roles are required to manage 'projects' while not being qualified project managers.
This practical two day programme aims to give you an understanding of how projects should be run and managed. It will equip you with a range of options and methods to utilise in ensuring the effective delivery of your project - within budget and on time!
What do I get out of it?
By the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Assess the usefulness of project management tools and techniques
- Plan the implementation of a project
- Communicate the project plan with appropriate colleagues and stakeholders to ensure 'buy in'
- Implement the project plan, monitoring progress against agreed targets through the project
- Use feedback to critically evaluate your own ability to plan and implement a project
- Create a self-development plan to improve your own performance in managing projects.
What does it cover?
The programme will cover topics including:
- Project sponsors, stakeholders and scope
- Gantt and bar charts, critical path analysis
- Methods to monitor and evaluate project progress and final outcomes, including finance
- Project communication methods
- Key project management terminology
- Types of project methodology: Waterfall, Spiral, RAD, Prince 2, Six Sigma
- Feasibility studies; risk management techniques
- Procedures for project closure
How will I learn?
This practical two day programme will expect you to participate in the sessions with your own and peer experiences. The face-to-face days will be supported with online learning materials.
Who should attend
This programme is designed for individuals, both management and non-management professionals from any industry sector, who manage projects no matter how small as part of their role, but are not formal project managers.
Trust the experts
Obesity is associated with type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease (CVD) and dementia. An important feature in the development of these diseases is inflammation related to obesity. We are working on what causes obesity related inflammation and how this can be avoided by eating the right foods. W...