GIBS Business School
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
- Senior executives and managers involved in making strategic decisions regarding their ‘change-the-business portfolio’ for their teams and the organisation;
- Functional specialists working in strategic and operational lead roles;
- Business unit heads transitioning from operational to strategic roles; and
- Individuals needing to drive strategic project management through to execution.
About the course
Learn to use project management principles to deliver on your organisation's strategic intent and positively impact the overall bottom-line, shareholder value, business success and competitive advantage. Organisations are starting to see the importance of project management not as operational response to day-to-day activities, but as a form of strategic foresight and management, with its multidisciplinary skills and particular demand in driving change through effective leadership.
Management need to be strategic in how they approach and drive overall delivery within their areas of responsibility and work to enable the change through the resources and relationships they have at their disposal. This two day programme will provide you with the essential techniques, skills and strategic insights that Senior Executives and Project Sponsors of today require to successfully and effectively depict and articulate their strategic intent, derive their end state goals and objectives whilst focusing on the actual delivery at hand (manage, monitor and execute throughout the life cycle of a project) through effective business leadership.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Explain the key principles behind project management and effective execution;
- Identify good and bad business cases which define the rationale for any project;
- Conduct effective resource management;
- Apply strategy processes, design and execution;
- Relate planning, design and implementation to overall benefits realisation; and
- Improve your delivery and tangible delivery through sound project leadership application.
- Principles of project management and strategic intent;
- Resource, risk and stakeholder management; and
- Key project components, processes and levers.
- Strategic management;
- Case study preparation; and
- Case study analysis and simulation in practice.
Tony is the CIO of Africa for American Tower Corporation. He is an IT executive and execution enablement specialist with broad experience, largely in the financial and telecommunications sector. Tony has managed many complex cross-border programmes and projects in all aspects from operations, com...