Who should attend
- Senior managers who are involved, accountable or supporting strategic change in their organisation;
- Senior managers looking to be equipped with strategic and critical thinking in driving effective execution;
- Senior managers responsible for executing on the business strategy and measuring its successful adoption and benefits realisation; and
- Senior managers looking to drive thought leadership and influence change.
Participants should already have a solid understanding of project management and at least five years of experience leading project management teams.
About the course
Learn to apply critical thinking to project management practices and execute on your organisation's strategic intent.
Organisations are starting to see the importance of project management not as operational response to day-to-day activities, but as a form of strategic foresight and management, with its multidisciplinary skills and particular demand in driving change through effective execution. With the COVID-19 crisis impacting the world, management need to be strategic in how they prioritise, approach projects and drive overall delivery within their areas of responsibility and work to enable the change through the resources and relationships they have at their disposal.
This two day, virtual programme will provide you with the essential techniques, skills and strategic insights that Senior Executives and Project Sponsors of today require to successfully and effectively depict and articulate their strategic intent, derive their end state goals and objectives whilst focusing on the actual delivery at hand (manage, monitor and execute throughout the life cycle of a project) through effective project management.
How you will benefit
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Gain the necessary insights into what drives effective execution of projects;
- Identify and articulate what success means when overseeing strategic change and ensure it delivers on the intended business objective(s);
- Apply a framework to any change enablement effort;
- Apply strategic processes, design and execution;
- Gain exposure into project intelligence, software development and information technology operations (DevOps) design thinking; and
- Improve your execution to deliver tangible value through leading and creating an enabling environment for sequential execution practices and agility.
Key focus areas
- Leading change through the world of uncertainty
- Driving your strategic intent and formalising your book of change to do so;
- Applying critical thinking to your business case and overall approach to execution;
- Key project components, processesand levers.
- Measuring success through project intelligence thinking;
- Review of an actual applied Execution Framework (Design for Adoption) that eliminates the linear thinking to change.
- Case study analysis and simulation in practice.
Tony is the CIO of Africa for American Tower Corporation. He is an IT executive and execution enablement specialist with broad experience, largely in the financial and telecommunications sector. Tony has managed many complex cross-border programmes and projects in all aspects from operations, com...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.