Who should attend
This dynamic and challenging course is appropriate for managers moving into senior or expanded management roles, who play a key role in leading and inspiring other managers in complex and changing times. These include:
- Middle managers;
- Managers of managers; and
- Managers of business units or functions.
About the course
Equip yourself for success.
This impactful 4-week, online course is made up of two half-day sessions a week to enable maximum learning and application. It is designed for you to continuously test, learn, and evolve in actions that transform the way that you lead your teams through transition with invaluable input from experienced coaches and peers. The course is delivered in an interactive and flexible learning environment through a combination of learning channels including online classroom sessions, small breakout groups in personal coaching sessions.
Week 1: Unlock your potential as a leader Week 2: Maximise your impact on your team Week 3: Become future-focussed and manage change more effectively Week 4: Keep performing through the transition
This course is part of number of select programmes which include the offer of access to Linkedin Learning – online learning video courses. Access will be made available on the first day of the GIBS programme and extends two months from the date of completion of the course.
How you will benefit
- Obtain a powerful awareness of yourself as a leader
- understand yourself, your behaviours and the impact your leadership style has on others through assessments, videos, feedback and professional coaching;
- receive constructive feedback from subordinates, peers and managers through the 360° assessment and coaching sessions
- Immediately apply learnings in a manageable way
- combine theory with practical applications;
- receive ongoing executive coaching and mentorship throughout the course;
- formulate, and continuously evolve, a detailed action plan to address your business, team and personal leadership challenges now;
- Gain practical tools and frameworks to apply with your strategy, team, change management as well as to your own leadership style in between contact sessions;
- Develop relationships with peers who span functions and industries
- network with like-minded professionals who are going through similar challenges in their careers and organisation
Key focus areas:
- Context: The transition to a manager of managers and leading in turbulent times;
- Team: Setting a direction for the team and overcoming barriers, dilemmas and dysfunctional signs; and
- Self: Growing your authentic management and coaching competencies for collaborative and effective management.
Profile I work with individuals, teams and organisations to achieve growth and greater impact. I bring over 20 years experience of leadership development. My experience is from a practical base as a leader founding and running a mulitmillion rand business for 10 years and from facilitating, teac...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.