Managing Managers for Results
For managers who have transitioned from managing others to managing managers or a functional unit.
This four-day programme builds personal skills to help you in the transition you have made to managing managers or a business unit. It provides the tools, principles, insights and techniques necessary to gain personal awareness and build professional management skills to achieve results through managing managers. The emphasis is on personal growth into the role managing a manager.
How you will benefit
During this programme various tools are utilized in small group breakaways such as coaching, video sessions and in the plenary of 'real' play, modeling, case study, peer coaching and activities, along with the input and guidance of the expert facilitator. The learning is process and group driven, as much as it is content driven. This programme will allow you to:
- Understand and describe best practice at your management level and apply it to your current position;
- Assess your own performance against this benchmark;
- Apply some tips and tools applicable to your management level; and
- Create a personal development plan to use your strengths to meet the demands of excellence in your job.
Key focus areas:
- Context: The transition to a manager of managers and leading in turbulent times;
- Team: Setting a direction for the team and overcoming barriers, dilemmas and dysfunctional signs; and
- Self: Growing your authentic management and coaching competencies for collaborative and effective management.
Who should attend
Senior managers and executives, manager of managers (new and experienced),manager of function or division or business unit.