Who should attend
This course is designed for senior management, engineers, architects, project managers, human resources, risk managers, superintendents, foreman, and safety managers.
About the course
Make sure it's legal! In this course, private sector and governmental personnel from all types of industries will present detailed information on managing legal issues that affect construction, engineering, and safety for projects that are performed in general industry, commercial, and industrial operations. You will review topics, including the legal aspects of licensing, education, qualification, the bid process, construction contracts, insurance, the safety manager’s role, and more.
What You Will Learn
- Licensing, education, and qualification requirements for personnel
- The professional engineer’s role in general industry project construction, engineering, and safety
- How engineering design affects safety
- The basics of reviewing general industry and construction contracts
- The basics of insurance and risk-financing methods used in general industry and construction
- The construction process
- OSHA and Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) compliance
How You Will Benefit
- Gain valuable information regarding the importance of managing legal issues that affect operations and projects.
- Understand the issues that develop when these aspects are not considered.
- Discover employment and labor law, and how it affects all areas of general industry, construction, and safety.
- Professional engineer’s role
- How engineering affects safety
- Basics of reviewing contracts
- The AIA contract forms
- The pre-qualification process
- Basics of insurance and risk financing methods in construction, engineering, and safety
- The construction process for general industry and construction including schedule, retainage, liquidated damages, and safety
REGULATORY ISSUES AND COMPLIANCE
- Employment law
Robert "Bob" Hendry is a Research Scientist in the Electronic Systems Laboratory, Human Systems Integration Division, of the Georgia Tech Research Institute. Mr. Hendry received his Bachelor of Science degree from Wofford College with a double major in Biology and History. He joined GTRI’s Enviro...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.